Staccato P consignment at Reliable

I saw the listing about 15 minutes after it was posted. Could have grabbed it easily. Thought long and hard about it. In the end, I decided to let it go. If it was a DUO, I might have given in. As I see it, the big lure of a 2011 is that it's essentially a really nice 1911 with a double stack magazine and a polymer grip. Well, Canadian regulations negate one big selling point of a 2011 due to the 10 round limit. So you're left with a wide grip (too wide for my hands) but with single stack functionality. So what's left? A polymer grip and a smooth 1911 action. For $3500+. Meh. I'll stick with my 1911's. (I reserve the right to be a hypocrite should a DUO appear).

I saw the listing about 15 minutes after it was posted. Could have grabbed it easily. Thought long and hard about it. In the end, I decided to let it go. If it was a DUO, I might have given in. As I see it, the big lure of a 2011 is that it's essentially a really nice 1911 with a double stack magazine and a polymer grip. Well, Canadian regulations negate one big selling point of a 2011 due to the 10 round limit. So you're left with a wide grip (too wide for my hands) but with single stack functionality. So what's left? A polymer grip and a smooth 1911 action. For $3500+. Meh. I'll stick with my 1911's. (I reserve the right to be a hypocrite should a DUO appear).

Sounds like you are trying hard to convince yourself not to buy, been there done that :p

i wasnt familiar with Staccato previously to the last months of craziness. Whats the typical retail on one of those?

They were going up in price even before the last month of madness, as I was on the hunt for one for about a year before finally catching one in stock at a retailer. And generally if you didnt pre order one from the Canadian importer/dealer you would pay a little more then their price

I got the Staccato P DUO paid $3919 + tax on Feb 3rd I got the Black one, they had a tuxedo model (silver/black) it was a few hundred dollars more

Some stores at the time had them listed for slightly less, but none of them had any in stock. I didnt want to miss out so I jumped on it and absolutey no regrests, if I could only keep one that would be the one

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom