Thread: $537.95 CVA Scout V2 Stainless/Black 45-70

$537.95 CVA Scout V2 Stainless/Black 45-70

For the hunter who wants a high-quality single shot rifle, the SCOUT V2 is the ideal choice.

- Caliber: .45-70 Government
    - Barrel Lenght: 25''
    - Mechanism: Single Shot
    - Fluted 416 Stainless Steel Barrel
    - 1:20” Twist
    - 100% Ambidextrous Stock
    - CrushZone® Recoil Pad
    - DuraSight® Scope Rail
    - Reversible Hammer Spur
    - 8 lbs. Total Weight
    - 41” Overall Length
    - 14” Length of Pull in Standard
    - Lifetime Warranty

Name:  4806s.jpg
Views: 3049
Size:  13.0 KB

https://northprosports.com/index.php...search=cr4806s
    North Pro Sports
    211A-103rd St E
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
    Follow @northpro or on Facebook for first alert to deals
    Email - sales@northprosports.com
    Ph - 1-888-249-1991 (toll free)
    northprosports.com

Aside from price is there any advantage to a single shot rifle generally? Are they more accurate vs say a lever in the same caliber?
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mikeyb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by platnumbob View Post
    Aside from price is there any advantage to a single shot rifle generally? Are they more accurate vs say a lever in the same caliber?
    They are shorter. I have the same rifle in .35 Whelen. With the 25" barrel, it's still two inches shorter than my 22" Model 70. Pull the brake off it and it's tiny. And the CVAs in particular have a reputation for accuracy. Mine is cloverleaf accurate with 180gr Barnes factory ammo. And the trigger is exquisite. And the recoil pad is decent. And it includes the scope base and a thread protector. And it's the easiest cleaning job you'll ever do.

No experience with the .45-70 version.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer stuckon308's Avatar
    I have the blued version. Love it. Just ordered the stainless.

I bought one but at 100 yards with 405gr Campro projectiles and IMR 3031 powder it shoots 24" 5-shot groups (yes I measured). Anyone willing to share a reloading recipe that works for this single shot rifle?
    From south-south-south-west-west-west-south-south-south-south-west Ontario. Go as far southwest as you can go.

Quote Originally Posted by wasa View Post
    I bought one but at 100 yards with 405gr Campro projectiles and IMR 3031 powder it shoots 24" 5-shot groups (yes I measured). Anyone willing to share a reloading recipe that works for this single shot rifle?
    I reckon the bullets yer using ain't the best for the speed your load is pushing them at. The Campro JHP's are handicapped by their design. Too light in the nose section for good stabilization from a 1 in 20" twist barrel. Best to select bullets with a more weight forward design. I prefer a faster twist of 1 in 14" for both cast and jacketed bullets.
    *LEAD* Still the best boolit material for huntin' & plinkin' for over 600 yrs.
    Shoot well & load better.

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to care.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer conor_90's Avatar
    25 inch barrel, nice. Can it handle lever action only loads?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer stuckon308's Avatar
    I haven't reloaded for the Scout yet but look into H335, H4198, and H4895. I have had luck with them in my 45-70's. You can also try Reloader 7 if it's easier to obtain.

I sighted mine in last week with 325gr ftx. Only had time to get it zeroed at 100y but my last 3 shots were within 1.5". I can't wait to explore it further.

I was planning on taking the brake off and put the thread cover on but it is one of the few brakes that doesn't hit you in the face with massive air displacement or is obnoxiously loud. It will likely stay unless I'm ever hunting without ear protection.

Quote Originally Posted by wasa View Post
    Yikes. I can shoot my single shot H&R into 3-4 inches pretty reliably with iron sights and those same campro bullets. Probably better if I really tried to get my flinch under control.

Do you have any of these left in stock?