Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Glocks available at TACCOM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FatCatsDad View Post
    That's kinda effed up.
    That limits more than likely to gun buyers residing in the GTA.

The rest of us get the scraps on their website.

ridiculous...have you never heard of "show specials"...that are only available at shows?

this is very common practice...even in knife collecting where knifemakers will hold back knives so they have something to put on their table at the show.

can you imagine the people who bought tickets for TACCOM, travelled there, stood in line to get in only to be told "sorry, some guy in New Brunswick just swiped the glock you see here"

it is totally acceptable to have special draws to the show

RL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by RL1 View Post
    ridiculous...have you never heard of "show specials"...that are only available at shows?

this is very common practice...even in knife collecting where knifemakers will hold back knives so they have something to put on their table at the show.

can you imagine the people who bought tickets for TACCOM, travelled there, stood in line to get in only to be told "sorry, some guy in New Brunswick just swiped the glock you see here"

RL
    Different times, being a shortage and all

If only I could be that guy in New Brunswick!
    Easy come, easy go...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar

RL

That’s a pretty arrogant response considering the times we live in. Are those same knife makers holding back product after a complete knife ban ? No. Silly analogy.

For FOC to hold back that many high demand firearms for a special select group of people that might be able to attend the first 15 mins of the show is ridiculous. And is a slap in the face to everyone ACROSS the country that supports FOC.

Quote Originally Posted by FatCatsDad View Post
    That's kinda effed up.
    That limits more than likely to gun buyers residing in the GTA.

The rest of us get the scraps on their website.
    it just guarantees a line up around 8-9am, And the first 200 through the door are going to stampede straight to the FOC booth

Not sure why any business is obligated to put these up online, regardless of the times.

Besides, putting them on the website makes them more likely to show up on GP or the EE as "unfired" for three times the price in a few weeks.

Given that most of the folks at TACCOM are from the GTA, chances are these are final sale.
    Easy come, easy go...

Quote Originally Posted by padawan View Post
    That’s a pretty arrogant response considering the times we live in. Are those same knife makers holding back product after a complete knife ban ? No. Silly analogy.

For FOC to hold back that many high demand firearms for a special select group of people that might be able to attend the first 15 mins of the show is ridiculous. And is a slap in the face to everyone ACROSS the country that supports FOC.
    speaking of arrogant, i dont think you speak for everyone across the country. but in any case, i dont work for FOC, i am expressing my personal opinion and i dont see it the same way you do (clearly)...i guess i am used to going to shows and seeing "specials"

RL

Quote Originally Posted by armybuck041 View Post
    If only I could be that guy in New Brunswick!
    that made me laugh out loud for real

BANNED
    Getting a Glock right now is a bonus.
    If you really wanted one you should have months ago.
    Awesome way to get some excitement for the show.

If that's not just the reflection then some of them look pretty scuffed, even excluding the ones with the 'battle-worn' finish. Grats to whoever manages to pick one up in these times of scarcity though.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast