Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: BCL SRV2 Siberian 5.56 Nato 18.6" Non-Restricted

Quote Originally Posted by Galvz View Post
    I briefly know the QA history of BCL, but honestly this is one the most aesthetically interesting 180 lately.
    Oh yeah, for sure the best looking.

Why's it the "Siberian" tho?
    Slava Ukraini
    Beholden to neither left nor right, just calling the world as I see it
    "I literally just directly quoted your use of colour revolution techniques..."

Quote Originally Posted by SomebodyTookMyName View Post
    Also noticing that the receiver-to-stock height is pretty low, even compared to an AR- looks to be similar to that of a Tavor, maybe even less.

Users may need to consider using a riser or 1.93" mounts in order to be able to get behind the optic properly, especially if wearing headgear, or if they're just fat.
    Exactly! Thats one thing that drives me nuts about the tavor. Most modern optics seem to be designed for an AR but when the stock and rail are almost the same height its very uncomfortable to get a proper sight picture, and im not fat either. One would think this is a known issue and address it in a new design. Other than that its nice to see more Canadian made rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by SomebodyTookMyName View Post
    Looks neat! With all the issues we've seen with other 180 variants, I'm excited to see BCL stepping in to find new ways to screw it up that nobody else has thought of

Anyone remember the first Gen BCL102's? I sure do... when every malfunction was just a new "feature"? When you could "open the dust cover silently before taking a shot"...?

Also, why is there still an open slot behind the charging handle? It's set up perfectly to extend the charging handle slide juuuust a bit to cover that hole up and make the receiver a closed unit, like on a FAL or an XCR, but nOoOoOoOoOoOoo let's just leave an ugly hole there for sh!t to get into the receiver lmao

/salt
    FWIW, the photos on instagram (that look like a render of some sort) make it look like it is covered. Maybe this was a pre-production example?
    Fortunately, there's always plenty of people willing to beta-test regardless.

Excellent!
    More, more, more choice is very good.
    (I see the complainers are already complaining even before its release)
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    I felt the force of a million liberal heads exploding while watching that video.

This looks great. Can't wait to hear the reviews after people have used them.
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Oh yeah, for sure the best looking.

Why's it the "Siberian" tho?
    After the Siberian tiger, presumably, since the rest of their firearm names are animal based.

Also, talked to an actual Siberian expat the other day. Turns out those sent to Siberian dislike Moscow and Putin almost as much as Ukrainians :-p
    Last edited by Ustauk; 11-02-2022 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    After the Siberian tiger, presumably, since the rest of their firearm names are animal based.
    Could be siberian cat or siberian husky...siberian musk deer... siberian chipmunk. Very likely it's the chipmunk.

In the video it shows the non-reciprocating charging handle covering everything, and the upper receiver begins where the handle ends - seems to be covered?

Like many others have said, BCL has always had decent, esthetically-pleasing designs on their NR semis. I just hope their QA is much, MUCH better than before.

They need to start making the receivers with 7075 aluminum, too. I'm sure most people would pay an extra few hundred bucks for that.

CGN Regular
    Will all rifles be cerakoted this color?

Good looking rifle!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast