Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: BCL SRV2 Siberian 5.56 Nato 18.6" Non-Restricted

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallenstein View Post
    Can't someone just make one of these but build it like an SKS ?

Really simple, solid and it works.

But no, everyone has to be clever and innovative.

It's like the T34 vs the Panther.

The Panther was a beautiful thing based off the T34, but over engineered and thus not capable of being mass produced.

A simple thing, that is reliable, that's it. No more is needed at this point.
    I'd guess most people would want a top rail on the receiver for easy optics.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Can't someone just make one of these but build it like an SKS ?

Really simple, solid and it works.

But no, everyone has to be clever and innovative.

It's like the T34 vs the Panther.

The Panther was a beautiful thing based off the T34, but over engineered and thus not capable of being mass produced.

A simple thing, that is reliable, that's it. No more is needed at this point.
    The Templar might meet your definition. It's a bit heavy, but it's built durable like a tank, and so far I haven't heard of any shaking apart or busting pistons. Hopefully the Siberian will also be reliable!

I have one a pre-order...so I hope so too! Ill let you guys know.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wallenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    The Templar might meet your definition. It's a bit heavy, but it's built durable like a tank, and so far I haven't heard of any shaking apart or busting pistons. Hopefully the Siberian will also be reliable!
    Anyone do a torture test on it ?

I looked at it before, but didn't see much in terms of in depth reviews, would like to have a good thorough review on it from an experienced hand.
    Where once roamed 100, there now sit 10,000.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wallenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    I'd guess most people would want a top rail on the receiver for easy optics.
    You can have any colour you like as long as its black.
    Where once roamed 100, there now sit 10,000.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Anyone do a torture test on it ?

I looked at it before, but didn't see much in terms of in depth reviews, would like to have a good thorough review on it from an experienced hand.
    More details on the Black Rifle thread.

The Siberian will have a well secured gas block and two piece, flexible piston to prevent piston snapping, and it has a long charging handle panel to seal the receiver against debris with the bolt forward, so hopefully it will prove resilient. BCL has had generally good feedback in their QC and customer support on their "tactical-ish" Bison bolt guns, and the few Coyotes released before the AR15-ish ban hammer are treasured by their owners, so I have hope for the Siberian!

More details on the Black Rifle thread.

The Siberian will have a well secured gas block and two piece, flexible piston to prevent piston snapping, and it has a long charging handle panel to seal the receiver against debris with the bolt forward, so hopefully it will prove resilient. BCL has had generally good feedback in their QC and customer support on their "tactical-ish" Bison bolt guns, and the few Coyotes released before the AR15-ish ban hammer are treasured by their owners, so I have hope for the Siberian!
    Ya Im gonna try my luck with the Siberian as soon as it hits stores...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    North Sylva has updated their Instagram page with some Siberian pictures, https://www.instagram.com/northsylva/:

Quote Originally Posted by North Sylva Instagram

\
    From the look at the pictures, I'd say it won't eject properly if fired fully folded, but that's more of a novelty then anything, and it will still fold for transport nicely. If you really wanted to fire folded, the stock attaches via 1913, so you could probably find another folding 1913 stock that won't impede the port.

From the look at the pictures, I'd say it won't eject properly if fired fully folded, but that's more of a novelty then anything, and it will still fold for transport nicely. If you really wanted to fire folded, the stock attaches via 1913, so you could probably find another folding 1913 stock that won't impede the port.
    https://youtu.be/PuJszcH_R-M?t=156

CGN Regular
    Any updates on these going out?

Keep hearing that BCL is waiting on the pistol grips which are being manufactured on Canadian soil.

Still on track for shipping out this week?