Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchase review - InterSurplus is stellar to deal with - spoiler alert

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    In a shell scrape 300 metres behind you...

Purchase review - InterSurplus is stellar to deal with - spoiler alert

I recently purchased one of their used doubles, a Suhl-Thalmann, listed as being in G-VG condition. I found their rating to be very conservative as I would easily grade it as VG-Exc, the case-colour on the receiver being almost 100% and the wear on the 28" barrels being limited to light case wear on the muzzle.

The wood was likewise truly excellent with just enough light-use wear to give it real character, no cracks or dents, and the recoil pad still lively enough to give decent cushion (still destined to be traded out for a Pachmayr Sporting Clays pad).

I took it to the range and tried it out on some informal clays, finding that everything that I pointed the right barrel at turned to dust, but I could not seem to hit at all with the left... puzzling until I got home and dropped the gauges in to the barrels and found that, although listed as F/F it was actually not. The full gauge dropped readily in to the right barrel, it wouldn't even come close on the left. I mic'd the left and found it to be .684" (extra full), while the right mic'd .696" (full) - should have done this before I took the drive to the range without a pattern board!!!

I'm thinking that, after opening the chokes to Light-Modified and Improved Cylinder, this will become my "distinguished gentleman" upland gun despite its lack of a straight grip and it's Teutonic heritage. I may have to look at grabbing another to leave in F/F or IM/LM choke configuration.

All of this to say, to make a long story longer, get on these before they're gone and deal in confidence with InterArms!!!

100% mudgunner49 approved...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    I ordered a Swedish Mauser sporter and although I have yet to receive it, so far I’m impressed, they shipped same day.

I've made a couple purchases from Intersurplus and they are amazing. Responsive via email, and same day shipping. I like the full accurate description given for each item.

Super fast, fair shipping in my two dealings with Intersurplus.
    Within the Vacuum of Infinity...

Ordered a shotgun from them very impressed the quality is far better then the price.

Just bought an Husqvarna o/u for some trap and skeet from them. (Good++ condition)

This post gives me lots of confidence and will update when I have the gun in hand.

Now I just need to figure out what choke system it uses...
    "I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours." - Hunter S. Thompson

Based on my recent purchase experience, I'd actually say they're doing a better job than Tradex. Better packaging. Gun as described or better. No delays with shipping.

I've been happy with my purchases from intersurplus, my only complaint is they don't measure barrel length correctly and include the chamber length in that number. I almost made a 17" barrel instead of a 20". If I hadn't decided to measure the barrel myself at the last minute I could've got in a lot of trouble.

You convinced me. Order in.
    Less-reliant hobby farmer, proud dad, and marginal podcaster.

CGN Regular
    Placed an order yesterday. I like that they do emt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast