advice on selling non restricted FTF.

ryukin81

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi all, new to selling and looking for some advice and tips. For a non-restricted local sale, is it safer to meet at a parking lot like ctire or cabelas. Pal verify beforehand? Do I give the trigger lock with the FA or ask that they bring their own to swap out and etc? Thanks.

Update

Buyer was also new to this. I asked buyer for PAL info to verify online before meeting up and told him he isn't obligated to buy anything and that its just a verification process. I was concerned at first because I kept getting an error and to call in but after the third try the transfer # was issued instantly. We met at Cabelas the next day. I parked at the side of the building and backed in for more privacy. I asked too see his PAL when he arrived to make sure it was actually him. he looked it over the rifle thoroughly and was satisfied and paid cash. I was happy with how it went.

I posted the SKS on 3 different websites including this one. #######(buyer also had no rating) was new to me so I had no ratings so asking me to check the firearm over before paying was fair.

Last edited:
You would have to do the verification of the buyer's PAL and get a transfer number before meeting.

Payment up front so it doesn't turn into a negotiation.

Yes, I’ve had this happen for Kijiji sales. Drives me nuts.

Non restricted do not require trigger lock

I need to look into this as I’m sure its required.

PAL verify info here...

ht tps://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firearms/buying-and-selling-transferring-firearms

Thanks.

You would have to do the verification of the buyer's PAL and get a transfer number before meeting.

Thank you. Will make sure to do that.

Considering guys buying an air soft in a parking lot have turned into a man with a gun call, might be better off doing at your local range.

Never thought of this. Great idea. will look into this.

Trigger lock is not required for NR transport. Unloaded only.

From the RCMP website:

Transporting firearms safely

Non-restricted firearms

Non-restricted firearms must be unloaded during transportation.

Leaving any class of firearm in an unattended vehicle

Lock non-restricted firearms and locked containers carrying restricted or prohibited firearms in the trunk or in a similar lockable compartment.
If the vehicle does not have a trunk or lockable compartment, put firearms and firearm containers out of sight inside the vehicle and lock the vehicle.

Trigger lock is not required for NR transport. Unloaded only.

From the RCMP website:

Transporting firearms safely

Non-restricted firearms

Non-restricted firearms must be unloaded during transportation.

Leaving any class of firearm in an unattended vehicle

Lock non-restricted firearms and locked containers carrying restricted or prohibited firearms in the trunk or in a similar lockable compartment.
If the vehicle does not have a trunk or lockable compartment, put firearms and firearm containers out of sight inside the vehicle and lock the vehicle.

Ok thanks for the info.

Always recommend meeting up somewhere that you and the other party can look over the rifle without being worried about someone calling the police. I usually meet at our local Tim Hortons because there’s a spot you can park at the back of the lot and kind of shield yourself from others. Just don’t be waving the gun around and be mindful of how it looks to others and you’ll be fine!

Back
Top Bottom