Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: HK SL8 in stock

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    No issue with eye relief. The eye relief seems quite generous. Mounting the 3X scope required removing the rear sight - something I don’t really like, as the factory irons are quite nice. Thus, I took off the 3X and have mounted a low mount red dot - it’s almost an absolute cowitness.

I’ve got a few sights laying around, as a result of Trudy’s property theft (Eotech, Acog, Mepro, Aimpoint, etc), so I’ll keep playing around to see what works best.
    Thanks for the update Jeffman. I have SL8-4 short rail version with no rear factory sights so I should have no issues. My concern was the eye relief.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    I have heard if you have big hands the thin hole stock is awful. I take a 2l work glove and I have concerns. Anyone w experience w these that have large hands?
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Got Juice? View Post
    I have heard if you have big hands the thin hole stock is awful. I take a 2l work glove and I have concerns. Anyone w experience w these that have large hands?
    I don't think many people would be able to get their thumb all the way into the hole in the stock, meaning that manipulation of the safety in the traditional manner will not be possible while holding it this way. Alternatively, you can run it with your thumb same side (like many precision rifle shooters do). I haven't noticed a reduction in recoil control doing this, however, you will have a slightly less firm grip on the rifle this way (although still very workable). The hera arms lower allows the addition of an ar-15 type pistol grip.

From some web searches, it looks like some people have tried their hand at plastic welding to remove some material from the stock to form it into a complete pistol grip. Apparently, it is not too tricky to do this although I'll have to look into it some more. You could potentially try your hand at this and if it doesn't work out just buy the hera lower I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post

Brian46 these pictures are like gold. My wife surprised me by using these photos to Dremel my G36 pmags to fit my SL8. The mags fit fit perfectly and the bolt locks back. Thanks for sharing.

Anyone make a PSG-1 clone like this one?

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ge...s-sl8-6-stock/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456