Tel: +1 (905) 604-1611
    E-Mail: info@g4cgunstore.com

Follow us on : Facebook & Instagram

SL8-5 order in.

Thanks for getting these in!
    CSSA Lifetime member
    CCFR Member

Looks only a mother could love.

The SL8-4 listing doesn't list what it comes with but I can attest after picking mine up it comes in a lovely hard case that is in a plastic bag with the identifying sticker with model and serial number on it. Inside the hard case is the rifle, manual as well as a multi-sized allan key type tool with a flip out Phillips head option, as well as a double stack OEM magazine limited to 5 rounds as well as a secondary ID/serial number sticker (which I handily put on the back of my manual).

I should mention my manual that came with my rifle is for SL8-5, and maybe that's what HK put in there, but it's no big deal since it's the same gun with the shorter rail.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    The SL8-4 listing doesn't list what it comes with but I can attest after picking mine up it comes in a lovely hard case that is in a plastic bag with the identifying sticker with model and serial number on it. Inside the hard case is the rifle, manual as well as a multi-sized allan key type tool with a flip out Phillips head option, as well as a double stack OEM magazine limited to 5 rounds as well as a secondary ID/serial number sticker (which I handily put on the back of my manual).

I should mention my manual that came with my rifle is for SL8-5, and maybe that's what HK put in there, but it's no big deal since it's the same gun with the shorter rail.
    Good info thegazelle.

I’m looking forward to receiving my -5

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    Good info thegazelle.

I’m looking forward to receiving my -5
    Hopefully your manual is for the 5 and not the 4. If you get a 4 manual, I'll swap ya!

I have a red dot on mine and looking forward to taking it to the range after church tomorrow to check it out.

What is interesting is that in looking at the manual, it consistently says it is a .223. I have seen a number of cases where European imports that are actually 5.56NATO will be sold/listed/imported as .223 for the North American audience as I understand it is easier to get into the continent this way (ie. the X95s were like this). I don't see any evidence on the gun itself (I haven't looked with any fine precision but there is that big label on there on the gun saying it's .223). The product label/serial number says it's a .223 and the manual says that too. Yet when I go online and look this up, there seems to be some who not only believe that it is 5.56, but they mentioned on "page 15" of their manual (could have been an SL8-1 or another variant or an earlier version) it says it takes 5.56 and .223. I don't see that in my manual, but again I haven't gone through it with a fine toothed comb.

Now...I just went to the HK US website and on the specs, it shows .223 Remington. On the Wikipedia page for the SL8, it says both .223 and 5.56. At other retailers like Red Deer Shooting Centre, it says both 5.56 and .223. I am still looking for somewhat of a definitive answer on this. I may comb through that manual more carefully and have another look at the rifle again...just to handle the sweetness...

Found this on an HK forum:

“… the G36 Armorers Book states that the SL8 uses the same barrel mandrel during cold hammer forging as the G36 - as they are one and the same. The SL8 Bull Barrel is left full profile while the G36 is further refined for lighter weight.”

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    Found this on an HK forum:

“… the G36 Armorers Book states that the SL8 uses the same barrel mandrel during cold hammer forging as the G36 - as they are one and the same. The SL8 Bull Barrel is left full profile while the G36 is further refined for lighter weight.”
    Thanks for this...

It is interesting a number of people who have had this have suggested that it is barrel heavy. I don't find that to be the case and I don't think it's because my enthusiasm in getting one has clouded my sensibilities. I have several barrel heavy rifles and PCCs and I am not a big guy, so pretty sensitive to weight. I find the SL8 OK for the brief time I handled it before putting it into the case to lock away (I am out of useable safe/vault room - should probably get another soon), so was so happy to hear this came in a hard case so that I can at least store it trigger locked in that - and the case has two locking loops too. It's a pretty impressive case as an included item with the nice red HK logo on either side.

thegazelle thanks for the update. I am picking mine up on Monday from G4C. Cant wait to try it out. I am thinking of putting a Primary Arms fixed 3x micro prism on it,

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast