Thread: Initiating a transfer on Restricted Pistol in Ontario

Post Initiating a transfer on Restricted Pistol in Ontario

Hello, new to RPAL here. Any help would be much appreciated. I have made a deal to purchase a pistol off a friend i am wondering can I as the buyer Initiate the transfer with CFO as long as i have all the info provided by the seller ? Or does seller have to start this process? Reason im asking is i have more time to wait on hold than the seller. Any help would be fantastic. Thanks.

You can initiate. You need all the sellers info and the info from his registration certificate for that firearm. Then he has to call to confirm. Either way he has to speak with them. Also, you don't call the CFO, they get it passed to them for final approval after you two initiate the transfer with Miramichi.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmouth View Post
    You can initiate. You need all the sellers info and the info from his registration certificate for that firearm. Then he has to call to confirm. Either way he has to speak with them. Also, you don't call the CFO, they get it passed to them for final approval after you two initiate the transfer with Miramichi. slope game
    Clearly bro!!