Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Canadian Army Helmet Has Had Better Days!

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar

This Canadian Army Helmet Has Had Better Days!

Not sure of the history of this helmet. We found it in a box of random products we had purchased from another store. Is someone has the parts and skills, they can make a project out of this.

Last edited by Frontier Firearms; 09-19-2022 at 08:03 PM.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar

Comparable New Helmets will run just over $500 plus tax..

CGN frequent flyer Diamondback Six's Avatar
    Seattle, WA, USA--a neighbor to the South
    Is that basically the same as the US PASGT?

Here's a little more info:
    https://www.nsndepot.com/NSN/8470-21-912-7605

It's not the current issue, but whatever current issue replaced or a couple generations back. It does have a strong resemblance to the US "Fritz" family.
    Member NRA, SAF, FPC - WA State CPL
    I am a professional historian - when I draw comparisons between the actions of current and past governments, you can bet it is with great deliberation.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    That massive dent isn't repairable
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrock View Post
    That massive dent isn't repairable
    Actually it is! You see the trick is to return that helmet to a mysterious place on a CFB called clothing stores along with a large box of timbits / donuts + coffee for the bin rats (AKA the magicians) working the counter. If you are lucky.... voila! Old N/S helmet that appears to have been disposed of through the method of crushing via a sledgehammer, is now magically transformed into a new-ish helmet! It's kinda more like a magic trick really.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback Six View Post
    Is that basically the same as the US PASGT?

Here's a little more info:
    https://www.nsndepot.com/NSN/8470-21-912-7605

It's not the current issue, but whatever current issue replaced or a couple generations back. It does have a strong resemblance to the US "Fritz" family.
    No. It is the Canadian CG634 current pattern Kevlar. The US helmet was issued for a short period between the M1 Steel and this one. Some Balkans tours got them, but not for long.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

More on what you have:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CG634
    I am a professional historian - when I draw comparisons between the actions of current and past governments, you can bet it is with great deliberation.

Quote Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
    No. It is the Canadian CG634 current pattern Kevlar. The US helmet was issued for a short period between the M1 Steel and this one. Some Balkans tours got them, but not for long.
    Thanks--Googled CG634 and turns out it's based on a French helmet.

Looks like one of my buddy's helmet after some idiot drove over half our kit in a milcot.

Ought to be a fun target for some "science" i guess.
    Only men of good will are capable of committing the most grievous of sins.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada1812 View Post
    Actually it is! You see the trick is to return that helmet to a mysterious place on a CFB called clothing stores along with a large box of timbits / donuts + coffee for the bin rats (AKA the magicians) working the counter. If you are lucky.... voila! Old N/S helmet that appears to have been disposed of through the method of crushing via a sledgehammer, is now magically transformed into a new-ish helmet! It's kinda more like a magic trick really.
    Those are called Material Management Techs now, and they're even harder to get things from than they used to be. You'd think the stuff belongs to them.

Their entire threes course (RQ Pte) is spent learning how to say "no" and "If I give you one, we'll only have one left"
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast