Oh Fiona

Nordic Marksman

CGN frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Well, Hurricane Fiona is steam rolling towards Nova Scotia. They are calling it a Generational storm, so I suspect we will be without power or internet for a few days here.
Hopefully a tree doesn't land on my truck lol

Please bear with us if you do not get a reply to your email, or a call back right away, we will get back to you as soon as we possibly can once the lights are back on.

115233-5day-cone-no-line-and-wind.png

115233.png

Last edited:
Well, Hurricane Fiona is steam rolling towards Nova Scotia. They are calling it a Generational storm, so I suspect we will be without power or internet for a few days here.

Please bear with us if you do not get a reply to your email, or a call back right away, we will get back to you as soon as we possibly can once the lights are back on.

115233.png

At this point we'll have a "generational storm" every few years lol

115233.png

I cant be the only person who sees the eggplant emoji here :):):)

Yeah we are all organized I think. Animal shelters are all anchored, barn ready to put some inside over night. Chainsaws all sharpened and serviced(have several large trees that are likely to go down across the main road), tractor and chains ready for hauling logs, generator serviced and tested, garden harvested of stuff likely to get damaged - literally have a garbage bag full of basil, fuel containers checked, buildings(all very old) made ready as best possible, sump pump checked, water run(usually dont use generator until 4-5 hrs without goes by - mainly for freezers and water pump), solar panels checked (ground mount set to 20 degrees) and all the blowable things cleaned up..

only thing left to do is bring some animals in around super time and move the vehicles from under the bigger trees.

Sounds like it might not hit us badly here near Bridgewater but the causeway is probably in trouble. High tide is 7:30 there and looks like it will hit the area around midnight-3am..so we shall see.

Update on the mess we are in. Please be advised you may receive tracking numbers but at the moment Canada Post is not picking up due to the amount of Wires,trees down.

Cathy

Back
Top Bottom