Thread: BC CFO phone systems problems message

BC CFO phone systems problems message

Hi there:

Have a handgun transfer from July that I've started calling the CFO about. I tried calling daily but I can't get through to the BC CFO. I would be waiting on the phone until it starts ringing, then I would get a message saying that they are experiencing system problems, please try again later.

Anyone have received a similar message? Any tips for getting through to the BC CFO?

The office closes at 2 p.m. Pacific time. Don't expect to get through on the first day. There's a ton of tips in the many many many other threads posted about reaching CFO, but the long and short is either to call Maritimes CFO using a spoofed number, or just understand that it's might take a few hundred calls to the BC CFO.

I got through after about 20 calls made over 5 days
    Oh hello. Are you picking up your brass?

Hi there, thanks so much for this really helpful information. I tried searching before asking but I guess I just have to choose my keywords better next time. Thank you so much!

Can you tell me what the extension to the Maritimes CFO is? If I'm calling from a BC number will they yell at me? If I was using a spoofed number but as soon as I give them my personal information and they realize that I'm in BC would that raise some eyebrows?

Thanks again!

This is probably the largest thread on the topic for BC https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...er-times-in-BC

Here's another thread with some instructions: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...ghlight=Nb+cfo

There's a lot of useful stuff there.

I don't know what the extension is but I bet it'll come up if you type in "CFO" on Google and click the very top result.

I called the BC number. The Maritimes thing can be read about on this forum
    Last edited by cattabliss; 09-23-2022 at 07:30 PM.
    Oh hello. Are you picking up your brass?

I pmed you this but I'll post here to, I called first thing in the morning when they opened and I got through within 1.5 hours. I set up the number to dial through the prompts for me saving some frustration and time , 18007314000,,,,1,,,,,,1,9530 (this is bc cfo, for anyone not in bc just change the 9530) copy and paste all of it in your dialer and call, the commas are 2 second pauses, should line up pretty well for when they system will accept the number for the option, hope that helps

hey man yeah I saw your message, tried from 9AM sharp and when I finally got through they hung up on me, again....I might just be resigned to my fate

Quote Originally Posted by qch777 View Post
    hey man yeah I saw your message, tried from 9AM sharp and when I finally got through they hung up on me, again....I might just be resigned to my fate
    thats brutal, I got hung up on a bunch of times before getting through. their system seems pretty archaic lmao

Just adding here - called Oct.4 in Sask and had 6 calls drop between 12 and 30ish minutes of waiting. Eventually got through on the 7th try. Painful but just have to wait!

CGN Regular
    Quite the process... Called BC CFO 80 times before 30 mins on hold... Then since i was the buyer was told they couldnt help had to go to transfer line. 30 call later and another 30 minutes on hold, got through, transfer done... but wait, no its not, Requires a CFO review, may take 1 to 2 months. Now trying the BC CFO number again.