Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on buying a used handgun

Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    Ill-advised alterations intended to "improve" it.
    Eeek.

Quote Originally Posted by vp6111 View Post
    Buy a new one from an established retailer. Save the headache. There's not much time left. Get the transfer process going.
    Quote Originally Posted by cattabliss View Post
    I see multiple brand new p320s with a quick search on arsenalforce. I'd go with a retailer, it'll likely be cheaper too. With a used seller you have to wait until they initiate the transfer, and there's no guarantee they'll even be able to contact the CFO in time even after you've given them money.

99.999% of the time it will be 100% of the funds sent first, then seller will start trying to connect to CFO. And every day they cannot connect to the CFO is a day you are without your money nor certainty.

Retailers can initiate transfer within minutes of your purchase.
    Great points. On it!

Might be prudent to have a friend with good firearms knowledge help guide you with your first purchase if you’re buying online.

A local gun shop would be a good start too. To handle different models for fit, size and questions you might have. Great learning experience talking to small gun shops. They love talking guns.

Unless you know firearms well being able to judge looking at photos, description and some general messaging back and forth, an online purchase may not suit you best at this time. There’s bad representation out there, everyone has different views on value and condition.

If you have access, the most honest and upfront people are found right here in the exchange forums, but do your homework.

Perhaps choose a few guns of interest and explore photos of how they’re supposed to look like from the factory. Type of components used, etc. Will give you a good idea if something has been modified in used firearm.

Good luck with your purchase.

CGN Regular
    Hi. How do I join EE. I ve sold on GP before. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xhulk View Post
    Hi. How do I join EE. I ve sold on GP before. Thanks
    Post a lot more often - or if you're like me, who does more reading than talking, become a "paid member". Up top, on the right, where it says Team Membership - click on that and for much less than a case of beer, you can become a member and you'll quickly be able to access the EE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12