New Release - Marlin 1895 Guide Gun

A beautiful rifle to be sure , but I’ve seen quite a few 45-70’s listed for sale with “less than 10…6…2…” shots fired. Seems some people are realizing that this caliber isn’t suitable to the average hunter.
If you’re in bear country where a big grizzly is licking his chops at you then sure the more lead the more dead. But the “average” hunter seems to find that getting beat up by recoil AND ammo cost is too much to handle.
So maybe the 35 Remington would be a happy option.

A beautiful rifle to be sure , but I’ve seen quite a few 45-70’s listed for sale with “less than 10…6…2…” shots fired. Seems some people are realizing that this caliber isn’t suitable to the average hunter.
If you’re in bear country where a big grizzly is licking his chops at you then sure the more lead the more dead. But the “average” hunter seems to find that getting beat up by recoil AND ammo cost is too much to handle.
So maybe the 35 Remington would be a happy option.

The 45-70 is not for the faint of heart. However, if your not shooting from a bench and are standing freehold, it's not that bad. Even with a heavy grain hot bear load, it's okay while standing. On the bench, she can be a Mule for sure.

In saying this, I use to have a 35 Remington in a Marlin lever action. I sold it due to the recoil while bench shooting that one......:)

As we get older, recoil becomes more noticeable. Even with my big girl panties on.

Laugh2

Need a .44 mag SS laminate ASAP!!

I'm with both of you, I hope they are planning to make the 1894 models again soon.

The 1894SBL (44 magnum) and the 1894CSBL (357 magnum) were gorgeous models.

I can't imagine how nice they would be in a Ruger/Marlin.

Any word on a stainless 357 trapper?

To my knowledge the 1894 CSBL (Trapper 357 magnum), in stainless/laminate is not slated for production as of yet.

I can only assume Ruger/Marlin will make all the old Marlin designs over time.

Unfortunately with demand through the roof across North America, I can see a long time before they catch up. Could be years I'm afraid......:(

Once the 1895 SBL and Trapper Models show up in 2023 the pricing at Canadian Tire Pro Shop will approximately $1900.00 - $1950.00 CDN before taxes.

I know this seems high but our cost has also gone up substantially!.......:(

We have over 500 guns on order in the SBL, Trapper and GBL models. I wish they would all show up, I'd be able to sell them all.

Unfortunately the actual number of guns that show up will be substantially less........:(

Once the 1895 SBL and Trapper Models show up in 2023 the pricing at Canadian Tire Pro Shop will approximately $1900.00 - $1950.00 CDN before taxes.

I know this seems high but our cost has also gone up substantially!.......:(

We have over 500 guns on order in the SBL, Trapper and GBL models. I wish they would all show up, I'd be able to sell them all.

Unfortunately the actual number of guns that show up will be substantially less........:(

John , just set me aside a 1895 SBL in wood with rifle sights

Sign me up for the 1895 SBL grey laminate stainless 45-70
Please and Thank you.

If we get a pile of these Ruger/Marlin 45-70’s in stock I’ll let you all know on here.

Right now I have close to 30 customers waiting.

If we get a hundred or more, we will have an awesome party……:)

Back
Top Bottom