Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: New Release - Marlin 1895 Guide Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Gillen1 View Post
    Really? I’ve seen two come to my small local store, and I bought the second one they got in.
    This is why I was surprised that buck knife saw two Marlins in his local gun shop.

Everywhere else in Canada has a waiting list that is very long.

This is why I said to buy both. These guns are beautiful to say the least. I don't see their value declining anytime soon.

My guesstimate is there are over eight thousand Canadians currently waiting for these models, in either the 1895 SBL, 1895 Trapper or the 1895 Guide Gun (GBL).

Now that Ruger/Marlin has showed the 336 in 30-30 and the 1894 at the Vegas Shot-Show, the frenzy will continue.

I only hope more rifles show up to help all the lever lovers scratch the itch........
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillen1 View Post
    Really? I’ve seen two come to my small local store, and I bought the second one they got in.
    you were lucky to get it
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by hunterhenderson View Post
    you were lucky to get it
    I had passed on the first one that night, didn’t make the mistake twice.
    Now here's the deal boys, it's just like shooting trap but the clays are coming at you... and they're grenades.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    This is why I was surprised that buck knife saw two Marlins in his local gun shop.

Everywhere else in Canada has a waiting list that is very long.

This is why I said to buy both. These guns are beautiful to say the least. I don't see their value declining anytime soon.

My guesstimate is there are over eight thousand Canadians currently waiting for these models, in either the 1895 SBL, 1895 Trapper or the 1895 Guide Gun (GBL).

Now that Ruger/Marlin has showed the 336 in 30-30 and the 1894 at the Vegas Shot-Show, the frenzy will continue.

I only hope more rifles show up to help all the lever lovers scratch the itch........

So far my local store has got one trapper, one sbl and two gbl. Trapper was ordered in and not sure about the sbl, but gbl were just for stock with no requests for them.
    Now here's the deal boys, it's just like shooting trap but the clays are coming at you... and they're grenades.

CGN frequent flyer
    This was an interesting quote

Before buying any rifles that shoots expensive ammo, it is always a good idea to have at least 300-500 rounds on hand, making sure you actually get to shoot it. A lot of people would splurge on the rifle & accessories but leave them with no money for ammo, so it just collects dust.

Maybe that's why so many 45-70's are up for sale?

Thx for the replies everyone.
    ABSTINENCE MAKES THE CHURCH GROW FONDLERS

Quote Originally Posted by rmsg0040 View Post

Before buying any rifles that shoots expensive ammo, it is always a good idea to have at least 300-500 rounds on hand, making sure you actually get to shoot it. A lot of people would splurge on the rifle & accessories but leave them with no money for ammo, so it just collects dust.

I made this mistake with a 325wsm about 5 years ago. Was excited for the rifle. Was painful to find ammo for it, and I still can’t find 8mm bullets to reload the brass I have shot.

Now I make sure I have everything first!

I got some ammo and everything to reload 45-70 Just no 45-70. Come on SBL

Quote Originally Posted by rmsg0040 View Post

Before buying any rifles that shoots expensive ammo, it is always a good idea to have at least 300-500 rounds on hand, making sure you actually get to shoot it. A lot of people would splurge on the rifle & accessories but leave them with no money for ammo, so it just collects dust
    Lots of 45-70 around but very $$$ like all other ammo due to the idiot C-21 discouraging US exporters from investing in what could be a bad market, however now that rescinded, should come back. I got the Ruger Marlin 1895 as soon as they came out. The flood of levers on market are mostly all Marlin, especially the sub-par Remlins with the "price gougers" selling rifles they originally paid $800 for now getting $2500 and up. As long as there are suckers with too much money to spend, prices will stay too high on these. As far as the Ruger/Marlin SBL, YOU WILL NEVER GET A FINER LEVER ACTION believe me. US prices are from $1399 & at $1699 CA from decent retailers here in Canada (Prophet River), they are a bargain compared to the over priced garbage out there now. 45-70 has been around longer than any other old style cartridge and will not be going away soon & neither will re-loading.
    Last edited by marlin58; 02-05-2023 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marlin58 View Post
    Lots of 45-70 around but very $$$ like all other ammo due to the idiot C-21 discouraging US exporters from investing in what could be a bad market, however now that rescinded, should come back. I got the Ruger Marlin 1895 as soon as they came out. The flood of levers on market are mostly all Marlin, especially the sub-par Remlins with the "price gougers" selling rifles they originally paid $800 for now getting $2500 and up. As long as there are suckers with too much money to spend, prices will stay too high on these. As far as the Ruger/Marlin SBL, YOU WILL NEVER GET A FINER LEVER ACTION believe me. US prices are from $1399 & at $1699 CA from decent retailers here in Canada (Prophet River), they are a bargain compared to the over priced garbage out there now. 45-70 has been around longer than any other old style cartridge and will not be going away soon & neither will re-loading.
    There is no change to C-21.

Only the amendments were dropped.