New Release - Marlin 1895 Guide Gun

Got my 45-70 last summer..Prophet River is best place to order. Love it and waiting for a guide model in .44??? I hope:HFU:

Very cool. So... the first production would be RM0001895

I checked several numbers on Ruger's serial number look-up site.

Unfortunately serial # RM0001895 was never assigned to a rifle and does not exist.

Apparently the 45-70 serial numbers start at RM0001931, any number sequentially lower does not come up as an actual rifle.

Go figure.

It is great that these guns are being made again. When can we actually get some here in Canada. I have been waiting to buy a 1895 SBL for quite a while now but can't find any. I asked a local dealer and they said "Good Luck".

Bashaw sports had one but it sold, so they must be out for delivery.

It would appear 12 GBL models made it to Canada, yes I said twelve!......:(

They were distributed to various dealers, we were not one of those.

I guess Bashaw Sports was one of the lucky recipients.

Like everyone else, I wish more guns were being shipped to Canada.....:)

It is great that these guns are being made again. When can we actually get some here in Canada. I have been waiting to buy a 1895 SBL for quite a while now but can't find any. I asked a local dealer and they said "Good Luck".

We have over 500 models of the 1895 45-70 Ruger/Marlin rifles on order, I would expect to receive 10% of these.

PM me and I will put you on our waiting list.

Maybe I should have ordered 1000.........:)

John , just set me aside a 1895 SBL in wood with rifle sights

If you are interested, there's a Trapper right here for sale:
https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/for...red-Ruger-Marlin-STAINLESS-1895-TRAPPER-45-70

Sadly, it's provenance seems a bit in question, based on some comments elsewhere by Korth Group who indicate that these guns are likely brought into the country through gray market importers. And, of course, it has been marked up through the roof...$2800!!!... by a greedy profiteer out to take advantage of the current market conditions....oh, wait...it's you!...

If you are interested, there's a Trapper right here for sale:
https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/for...red-Ruger-Marlin-STAINLESS-1895-TRAPPER-45-70

Sadly, it's provenance seems a bit in question, based on some comments elsewhere by Korth Group who indicate that these guns are likely brought into the country through gray market importers. And, of course, it has been marked up through the roof...$2800!!!... by a greedy profiteer out to take advantage of the current market conditions....oh, wait...it's you!...

You dont even know what you are talking about...........I bought mine in Canada and the silver isnt for me, John has my blued wood guide gun on the way so I certainly cant afford two of these so someone gets a great deal on a new in box trapper...hey, how do you feel about the guys selling old beat up remington Marlins for more that i ended up selling my Ruger Marlin for

You dont even know what you are talking about...........I bought mine in Canada and the silver isnt for me, John has my blued wood guide gun on the way so I certainly cant afford two of these so someone gets a great deal on a new in box trapper...hey, how do you feel about the guys selling old beat up remington Marlins for more that i ended up selling my Ruger Marlin for

Sorry, I must have misunderstood; you listed a new Trapper for $2795 shipped, and prior to your explanation I didn't realize how great a deal that was for somebody.

But, yeah, those other guys are doing it too, so that makes it all good.

Happy New Year!

Sorry, I must have misunderstood; you listed a new Trapper for $2795 shipped, and prior to your explanation I didn't realize how great a deal that was for somebody.

Happy New Year!

Maybe practice what you preach

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

Happy New Year!

Must be rough being broke eh?

None of the dealers listed had these in stock today.

Items Purchased
Name Price Quantity Total
Marlin® 1895 Trapper Lever-Action Rifle (.45-70 Government) $1849.99 1 $1849.99
Sub-Total: $1849.99
Shipping: $21.9

Oh really lol

Both the guys I hunt bear with picked one up today, one from cabelas one from north pro and siwash still had stock when I posted. As did cabelas.

Items Purchased
Name Price Quantity Total
Marlin® 1895 Trapper Lever-Action Rifle (.45-70 Government) $1849.99 1 $1849.99
Sub-Total: $1849.99
Shipping: $21.9

Oh really lol

Both the guys I hunt bear with picked one up today, one from cabelas one from north pro and siwash still had stock when I posted. As did cabelas.

Ya really

Ya really

You just like to argue don’t you lol
Must have no one in your life that cares about your opinion.

I was just posting to let people know they were currently available if they were quick, what is there to argue about that? Doesn’t matter where they were for sale, they were retail.

Turns out I could have been wrong about siwash? But I’m 100% positive about cabelas, and I doubt my hunting buddy would lie about getting one and he said north pro.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom