Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: New Release - Marlin 1895 Guide Gun

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    Does that mean that one of these guns imported by anyone other than an authorized distributor has no warranty coverage? The infamous Gray Market problem.
    In reality, Korth or BR would not have to honor these grey-market guns if warranty issues should arrive.

It is my understanding they do honor those claims.

In saying that, I would think Athena should chime in here to confirm.

I hope I spelled your name correctly Athena......
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Quote Originally Posted by bush1 View Post
    That’s true. The distributor keeps serial numbers and if you had a warranty issue with a grey gun you’d be on your own.
    This is a distinct possibility.......

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    That's what I thought.

I guess all those slick operators who were making a killing importing and re-selling these guns to the gotta-have-it-NOW! crowd probably didn't mention that to them...
    That's a very good point John!

Quote Originally Posted by KaneZoR View Post
    Korth and Big Rock are the two Canadian distributors for Ruger I believe, not sure what the allocation for each is from Ruger is.

But if a particular rifle wasn’t through Korth chances are it was through Big Rock I would assume
    Correct, 100%.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    RyoTHC,

Please be respectful when you are commenting on Korth Group's thread. Without Korth Group Ltd. we would not have the Canadian Leupold Warranty Center in Okotoks, we would not have Ruger, Marlin, Ely, Hornady and several other great options of firearms, ammunition and accessories.

Everyone on here knows you are the grey-market King and that's okay. Just do it with some class.

I know, we all know the availability of Ruger/Marlin is tough, this is why we need authorized Canadian distributors to bring us these fine products.......

I wasn’t disrespecting them in their thread, just discussing the reality of the situation. Iwasn’t telling them to pound sand by any means, but some others retailers actions could be taken that way depending how you look at the situation.

Besides, these days Korth is looking real good compared to their competition.. take that how you will.
    Last edited by RyoTHC; 02-08-2023 at 03:07 AM.
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance on any EE sale unless explicitly stated otherwise in the ad or agreed upon as part of the deal.

All posts made by me are my opinion, and you must do your own research

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    In reality, Korth or BR would not have to honor these grey-market guns if warranty issues should arrive.

It is my understanding they do honor those claims.

In saying that, I would think Athena should chime in here to confirm.

I hope I spelled your name correctly Athena......
    So, riddle me this..

One of our American friends moved north, brought his Marlin collection with him including the new ruger made ones… you think the authorized warranty repair shop could refuse warranty work on said guns?

I don’t think Marlin as a company would be very happy with that?

Though I could be wrong.. though it definitely happens as one of the guys in my annual hunting camp is originally a Texan.
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance on any EE sale unless explicitly stated otherwise in the ad or agreed upon as part of the deal.

All posts made by me are my opinion, and you must do your own research

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    So, riddle me this..

One of our American friends moved north, brought his Marlin collection with him including the new ruger made ones… you think the authorized warranty repair shop could refuse warranty work on said guns?

Though I could be wrong.. though it definitely happens as one of the guys in my annual hunting camp is originally a Texan.
    You are wrong but if you don’t want to accept that make the phone call yourself. I called them about the resurrected company RemArms stating the 7600 would be coming out soon and asked for an ETA as some were coming up in the US. They had no eta but when I mentioned importing one through an importing company, they said “be advised warranty issues would be on your own” and I can respect that.

If I did import one I would only consider getting warranty support from the agency that supplied it to me…
    The most asinine quote in Canadian history;
    A “fringe minority” in truckers convoy with “unacceptable views” “don’t represent Canadians”

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    So, riddle me this..

There are a lot of variables when it comes to this situation, I do not know what Ruger/Marlin or Korth Group would do.

Seeing you own several grey-market Marlins, I would suggest you call one or both of them to find out.

Once you have completed this, let all of us know here on Gunnutz of the result.......

Has everyone forgotten the "issue" that arose a number of years ago regarding Leupold scopes and, coincidentally, Korth?

Leupolds had a terrific reputation, largely built upon the fact that you could pick up a used Leupold privately, at a gun show or store, wherever...and if a problem arose, you would be covered by Leupold's lifetime warranty through Korth. Eventually, perhaps spurred on by the increasing prevalence of Leupold clones and counterfeits, and/or perhaps by the prevalence of unauthorized importations of real Leupolds, Korth announced that those days were over. They wanted to see a receipt!

Much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth followed; how dare they?? Instead of simply handing you a new replacement for the scope that you found in a barn or in the bottom of a mystery box at a garage sale...they wanted some proof that you actually bought it legitimately! And it wasn't as though they were not covering scopes you got from those places; they simply wanted to ascertain that the scope had originally been imported into Canada through legitimate channels; if it was, they would still cover it. The only ones who got burned were the owners of scopes that had gotten into the country without Leupold's blessing in the first place.

So they were forced by abuse of the warranty system to tighten things up. One day they didn't bat an eye; but the next day they had the gall to tell people who had "illegitimate" gray-market scopes...to pound sand...

I have no idea if Korth was on the hook for all those years when they fixed or replaced a gray-market scope...or if the cost of this was passed onto and accepted by Leupold itself. Didn't matter, really...in long run, the goose that laid the golden egg for Leupold owners had had enough and that was that.

If it happened once...
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

These new Ruger Marlins are very nicely made,warranty would be an issue ,but let's remember all Marlins made by remington and the real JM Marlins are not warranted by ruger,and no longer able to be repaired if some parts are needed good luck .
    Don't be a follower,be a leader.