Thread: Elevation and Windage caps for Vintage Leupold scopes - Update: Korth Group Rocks!

Elevation and Windage caps for Vintage Leupold scopes - Update: Korth Group Rocks!

G’day!

I’m a happy owner of 20 Leupold scopes (old and new) and I came across my first problem this week…. Though not any fault of the scope itself…

I was showing one of my sons how to clean the hunting rifle I had bought him (Husqvarna 1640) that was topped with an older Leupold I had purchased for it (Vari X III 1.5-5x). And my son accidentally knocked it over and the elevation and windage caps (elevation cap was hardest hit) were dented…. I was able to get them off with a bit of work, but I’d like to purchase replacements as they’re scuffed pretty bad, but worse, dented in and don’t seal against the O-ring anymore…. Not to mention hard to get on and off.

Does Korth sell replacement caps for these older models?

Thanks in advance!

- Darryl
    Last edited by Desert_Fox; 02-22-2023 at 02:23 PM.
    “Christianity preaches the infinite worth of that which is seemingly worthless and the infinite worthlessness of that which is seemingly so valued.”
    ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Keep your eyes peeled for the next gun show. There is always that one old timer with loads of them. That or buy an old gloss Tasco for $30 and swap them. Just an idea for you.
    I can shoot a gun to make my lunch

CGN Regular
    I had the same thing years ago. Call korth they sent me a new cap to replace the old one.

Business Member
    Good Afternoon Darryl,

Thank you for reaching out we will send you replacements for these. Please contact us at info@korthgroup.com with your name, shipping information, phone number and details of your scope as you described above including serial number and we can have new ones sent to you.

Kind Regards,

KGL

Excellent!

Thanks to those who responded and to the reply from Korth. Will email right away.

Cheers!

- Darryl

Edit: Email sent!
    Last edited by Desert_Fox; 02-15-2023 at 12:16 AM.
    “Christianity preaches the infinite worth of that which is seemingly worthless and the infinite worthlessness of that which is seemingly so valued.”
    ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Just wanted to update.

Received an email from Jordan at Korth that they were going to send out the caps I requested free of charge (under warranty) and I didn’t even have to pay shipping! (Supplied them with model/serial etc)

Super great and NINJA fast communication, and super fast shipping (2 days)!

I realize this is a small warranty item (caused by no fault of Leupold products) and on items built in the 80’s, but it just shows the Korth commitment to service of the products they sell or represent.

This is one of the reasons I like purchasing Leupold products. Excellent glass for hunting. Lightweight, svelte and great looking… and the warranty is top notch and in Canada!

Thanks for the help, Korth Group!
    ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Desert_Fox View Post
    Just wanted to update.

Received an email from Jordan at Korth that they were going to send out the caps I requested free of charge (under warranty) and I didn’t even have to pay shipping! (Supplied them with model/serial etc)

Super great and NINJA fast communication, and super fast shipping (2 days)!

I realize this is a small warranty item (caused by no fault of Leupold products) and on items built in the 80’s, but it just shows the Korth commitment to service of the products they sell or represent.

This is one of the reasons I like purchasing Leupold products. Excellent glass for hunting. Lightweight, svelte and great looking… and the warranty is top notch and in Canada!

Thanks for the help, Korth Group!
    That’s some awesome service, but no surprise dealing with Leupold and Korth!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -USMC-