Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: WRITE YOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL, ask to follow Alberta's lead wrt the May 1st, 2020 OIC.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    The Yukon Legislative Assembly adopted the motion urging the Yukon government to ensure RCMP resources are not used to enforce the federal government’s gun confiscation!

So now there's FOUR!!! The Yukon, and AB/SASK/MB

Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association
    https://twitter.com/csaaaofficial/st...Wgyoh1OFPfNNYA
    Yup, gonna send a follow-up email to DoFo with this news in it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ojo de aguila's Avatar
    So now there's FOUR!!! The Yukon, and AB/SASK/MB
    This is great news! If your province or territory doesn't make this list it means the majority in your area are either turd lovers, or not enough of you wrote.

Well I got an email response from Kelvin Goertzen.

October 14, 2022

Dear Person from Manitoba

Thank you for your email dated September 26, 2022, regarding the rights of legal gun owners.

As you may be aware, on May 30, 2022, the Government of Canada reintroduced Bill C21, An Act to amend certain Acts and to make certain consequential amendments
    (firearms).

This legislation and prescribed changes were announced without any consultation with the Government of Manitoba or hunters, trappers, sport shooters, and rural landowners who rely on firearms to make a living and protect their properties. Furthermore, these reforms largely punish law-abiding gun owners, while doing little to combat gun violence.

Manitoba has consistently stated that our approach to gun violence is to focus on those who use weapons in crime, not law-abiding gun owners. On September 13th, I wrote the federal Minister of Public Safety, The Honourable Marco Mendicino, regarding the
    “buyback” program for guns that the federal Liberal government is enacting.

In that letter I stated the following:
    “We feel many aspects of the federal approach to gun crimes unnecessarily target lawful gun owners while having little impact on criminals, who are unlikely to follow gun regulations in any event. In Manitoba’s view, any buyback program cannot further erode precious provincial police resources, already suffering from large vacancy rates, from focusing on investigation of violent crime.”

We will be bringing these concerns, along with the shared concern of Saskatchewan and Alberta, directly to the federal government this month in meetings of Ministers of Justice and Ministers of Public Safety.

Thank you for taking the time to write about this important issue. I can assure you that Manitoba will continue to defend law-abiding gun owners while continuing to support measures to combat gun violence in our communities.

Sincerely,

Kelvin Goertzen
    Minister of Justice
    Attorney General

Little bit of meh but better than supporting the liberal gun confiscation.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    NOW THERE’S FIVE!!!

NB joins!!!

49EBC0E7-6FFB-4AD0-BE56-D9CCE6B258CA.jpg
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Midnight Rider's Avatar
    NOW THERE’S FIVE!!!

NB joins!!!

49EBC0E7-6FFB-4AD0-BE56-D9CCE6B258CA.jpg
    Great news for sure , and the walls are slowly closing in on Trudeau's half baked OIC gun grab as the provinces start to push back . .
    " SUPER BIKES RULE.....! " " Speed Costs....How Much Do You Want To Spend ! "

Super GunNutz
    Would be priceless to see Nova Scotia join, that would be big slap in the face of the LibDP.

Quote Originally Posted by FortHunter View Post
    Well I got an email response from Kelvin Goertzen.

October 14, 2022

Dear Person from Manitoba

Thank you for your email dated September 26, 2022, regarding the rights of legal gun owners.

As you may be aware, on May 30, 2022, the Government of Canada reintroduced Bill C21, An Act to amend certain Acts and to make certain consequential amendments
    (firearms).

This legislation and prescribed changes were announced without any consultation with the Government of Manitoba or hunters, trappers, sport shooters, and rural landowners who rely on firearms to make a living and protect their properties. Furthermore, these reforms largely punish law-abiding gun owners, while doing little to combat gun violence.

Manitoba has consistently stated that our approach to gun violence is to focus on those who use weapons in crime, not law-abiding gun owners. On September 13th, I wrote the federal Minister of Public Safety, The Honourable Marco Mendicino, regarding the
    “buyback” program for guns that the federal Liberal government is enacting.

In that letter I stated the following:
    “We feel many aspects of the federal approach to gun crimes unnecessarily target lawful gun owners while having little impact on criminals, who are unlikely to follow gun regulations in any event. In Manitoba’s view, any buyback program cannot further erode precious provincial police resources, already suffering from large vacancy rates, from focusing on investigation of violent crime.”

We will be bringing these concerns, along with the shared concern of Saskatchewan and Alberta, directly to the federal government this month in meetings of Ministers of Justice and Ministers of Public Safety.

Thank you for taking the time to write about this important issue. I can assure you that Manitoba will continue to defend law-abiding gun owners while continuing to support measures to combat gun violence in our communities.

Sincerely,

Kelvin Goertzen
    Minister of Justice
    Attorney General

Little bit of meh but better than supporting the liberal gun confiscation.
    Got the same letter.

After Doug Ford's comments about the Emergencies Act inquiry - that is to say his standing behind the tyrant in full support - he just lost me as a voter. I hate to say it because I'm a long-time supporter of Ford Nation, but he has a brand new CONSERVATIVE majority and by the time he has to concern himself with re-election there should be a Conservative government in Ottawa so the Turd should be long gone, so there's no need for him to suck up to the tyrant. Yet there he is doing just that.

The Ontario PCs will need another leader (perhaps one that's actually conservative) or Doug will have to redeem himself. I'm not talking about something from the Liberal playbook like free plate renewals. He's absent on feds stealing our guns despite half the provinces standing in opposition, and now these tyrant-friendly comments.

Buh bye, Dougie!
    Last edited by Outlawpilots; 10-17-2022 at 07:14 PM.

CGN frequent flyer Northern Amateur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlawpilots View Post
    After Doug Ford's comments about the Emergencies Act inquiry - that is to say his standing behind the tyrant in full support - he just lost me as a voter. I hate to say it because I'm a long-time supporter of Ford Nation, but he has a brand new CONSERVATIVE majority and by the time he has to concern himself with re-election there should be a Conservative government in Ottawa so the Turd should be long gone, so there's no need for him to suck up to the tyrant. Yet there he is doing just that.

The Ontario PCs will need another leader (perhaps one that's actually conservative) or Doug will have to redeem himself. I'm not talking about something from the Liberal playbook like free plate renewals. He's absent on feds stealing our guns despite half the provinces standing in opposition, and now these tyrant-friendly comments.

Buh bye, Dougie!
    Send his office an email. I sent him a whopper today which included cancelling my membership with his party. Get as many people as you can to send one as well though I suspect he's already getting plenty. The more the merrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Amateur View Post
    Send his office an email. I sent him a whopper today which included cancelling my membership with his party. Get as many people as you can to send one as well though I suspect he's already getting plenty. The more the merrier.
    I've emailed a couple of times about Ontario joining the provinces opposing the feds. But I just sent another one saying outright that he's lost my support unless he redeems himself.