Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: WRITE YOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL, ask to follow Alberta's lead wrt the May 1st, 2020 OIC.

would anyone have an exemple of letter sent? my writting skills are less than stellar to be honest. THanks
    so many guns, so little time!!

CGN frequent flyer RightWingIndian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaudzy View Post
    would anyone have an exemple of letter sent? my writting skills are less than stellar to be honest. THanks
    Dear Mr. Doug Downey, Attorney General of Ontario;

I am a life long Conservative, Sport Shooter & hunter. I've chosen to make Ontario my home, work and raise my family.

Please take the time to watch the video below in which Alberta's Minister of Justice and Solicitor General Mr. Tyler Shandro and Alberta's Chief Firearms Officer Ms. Teri Bryant state that they will protect law abiding licensed firearms owners in Alberta from having their lawfully purchased firearms forcibly confiscated from them by the Federal Governement under the auspices of a 'buy back'. As Minister Shandro states, prior to the May 1st, 2020 OIC these 1500 various types of firearms were lawfully owned by Albertans and there is no public safety reason to confiscate them.

I respectfully ask that you speak with our Premier, Mr. Doug Ford and that Ontario take the same position & steps as Alberta to ensure that licensed firearm owners living in Ontario are protected in the same manner as Alberta.

Sincerely
    Jay

***This is in the op just edit it to suit you***

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gaudzy View Post
    No worries, use mine & change it a bit to your liking! Thank you for writing!

Dear Mr. Doug Downey, Attorney General of Ontario;

I am a life long Conservative, Sport Shooter & hunter. I've chosen to make Ontario my home, work and raise my family.

Please take the time to watch the video below in which Alberta's Minister of Justice and Solicitor General Mr. Tyler Shandro and Alberta's Chief Firearms Officer Ms. Teri Bryant state that they will protect law abiding licensed firearms owners in Alberta from having their lawfully purchased firearms forcibly confiscated from them by the Federal Governement under the auspices of a 'buy back'. As Minister Shandro states, prior to the May 1st, 2020 OIC these 1500 various types of firearms were lawfully owned by Albertans and there is no public safety reason to confiscate them.

I respectfully ask that you speak with our Premier, Mr. Doug Ford and that Ontario take the same position & steps as Alberta to ensure that licensed firearm owners living in Ontario are protected in the same manner as Alberta.

Sincerely
    Jay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtRZ...ature=emb_logo
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Done!

I got a bounce back from Richard Fyfe asking that emails be sent to Shannon Salter:

shannon.salter@gov.bc.ca

Here's my slightly edited version for sampling, Jay's version is excellent though and I REALLY like the implied threat in the first line - "chosen to make xxxx my home". It implies you're willing to move you and your tax generating family out of the province:

Dear Deputy Attorney General Shannon Salter

I am a lifelong competitive sports shooter and hunter who has chosen to make British Columbia my home to work and raise my family.

The Alberta Minister of Justice and Solicitor General Mr. Tyler Shandro and Alberta’s Chief Firearms Officer Ms. Terri Bryant have stated that they will protect law abiding licensed firearms owners in Alberta from having their lawfully purchased firearms forcibly confiscated from them by the Federal Government.

Link to announcement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtRZAZGUauc

This Federal Government intends to use Provincial detachments of the RCMP to act as their agents to run what they call a “buyback program” which specifically targets one of the most law abiding segments in all of Canadian society, in order to “reduce crime”. As Mr. Shandro states, prior to the May 1st 2020 OIC these 1500 various types of firearms were lawfully owned by Albertans and there is no public safety reason to confiscate them. This “buy back” ploy It is a waste of resources that would be better used focusing on real criminal activities like gangs and smuggling or the fentanyl crisis and a host of much more pressing issues happing here in British Columbia.

I respectfully ask that you speak with the Office of the Premier about this issue and ask that the Province of British Columbia take a stance similar to Alberta to ensure that firearms owners be protected and Provincial resources not wasted on a purely political maneuver designed to secure votes for the Federal Liberal party in Toronto and Montreal.

Sincerely

Tudenom
    The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun.'

I just sent my version to Richard Fyfe, sounds like it should have went to Shannon Salter as per the previous post.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I sent mine to Hugh Flemming . Will see if I get any reply.

I sent mine. I did not copy any of the other already posted letters, but my own letter was the same information and requests in different wording. It's one thing to get a lot of mail about an issue: it's a lot less impressive if it's just a bunch of "copy and paste" mail with different names on the bottom and the odd wording changed. Mine sent to shannon.salter@gov.bc.ca .
    Para todo mal, Mezcal.
    Para todo bien, tambien!

Note to self: Time is becoming more limited. Try to spend more of it in Central Mexico.

After what has all come to light with the MCC in NS. The lib governments billy and lucki need to resign. MM needs to sit down and shut that mouth.

My property stays with me.

Sent to Hon. Bronwyn Eyre, Minister and Attorney General for Saskatchewan.
    The West wants Out!

CGN Regular
    Done
    Great idea Jay