Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: WRITE YOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL, ask to follow Alberta's lead wrt the May 1st, 2020 OIC.

I love this! Way to go Alberta. I will be sending my letter as well in Saskatchewan, and lets hope that its not just Alberta who has grown a pair.
    Edit: Done! and I also copied my local MP and MLA as well.
    Last edited by dragonslayer64; 09-28-2022 at 10:03 AM.
    Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest
    proud member of local 306 International Brotherhood of Jazz Dancers, Pastry Chefs and Nuclear Technicians

CGN Regular
    Done. Thank you.

Done sent to all of them. Thanks.
    Mr. Fuller

Done

I have sent the Email to Doug Downey -Ministry of the Attorney General ONTARIO.

Below is how I sent it. Use it as you guys wish - Video link included.

Ministry of the Attorney General
    McMurtry-Scott Building
    720 Bay Street, 11th Floor
    Toronto, ON M7A 2S9
    Doug Downey
    Doug.Downey@pc.ola.org

Subject: No confiscation on my legally acquired and own firearm

Dear Mr. Doug Downey, Attorney General of Ontario;

I am a life long Conservative, Sport Shooter & hunter. I've chosen to make Ontario my home, work and raise my family.

Please take the time to watch the video below in which Alberta's Minister of Justice and Solicitor General Mr. Tyler Shandro and Alberta's Chief Firearms Officer Ms. Teri Bryant state that they will protect law abiding licensed firearms owners in Alberta from having their lawfully purchased firearms forcibly confiscated from them by the Federal Government under the auspices of a 'buy back'. As Minister Shandro states, prior to the May 1st, 2020 OIC these 1500 various types of firearms were lawfully owned by Albertans and there is no public safety reason to confiscate them.

I respectfully ask that you speak with our Premier, Mr. Doug Ford and that Ontario take the same position & steps as Alberta to ensure that licensed firearm owners living in Ontario are protected in the same manner as Alberta.

Alberta: Planned confiscations unwarranted, unacceptable infringements on property rights & freedoms

https://youtu.be/DtRZAZGUauc

Sincerely

Your Name
    Your Address
    Your Phone #

Done, not that I expect much from BC, we somehow turned into California North out here ffs, soy latte sipping fools run this province now.
    The only good lefty is a Stag Arms lefty

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MuthaFunk View Post
    Ford just got a strong majority. Now is the perfect time for him to stand up to this nonsense.

He not only has the support of the Toronto Police Cheif but most recently the Halton Police Chief went public asking to “do something” about the illegal guns plaguing our streets.
    And when you write your letter to the AG of Ontario, copy the Premier.

when dealing with politicians it helps to frame issues as being aligned with what they have already publicly stated.

God bless Alberta but the kind of messaging they are putting out won't sell as well in Ontario, so try a slightly different approach.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Doug Ford,

Ontarians, like all Canadians, are horrified and deeply affected by incidents of criminal violence committed on our streets every day. Ontarians are looking to you and your government to do something to help curb these tragedies, including working with our Federal and Provincial Partners where it is appropriate to do so.

In the past, you have commented that you didn't think gun bans which target law abiding are a productive use of time or resources, and would rather see those funds put towards other initiatives addressing root causes of criminal violence and gang activity which have been proven to work.

While Prime Minister Trudeau talks a lot of talk about his public safety minister's efforts to curb gun violence through legislated reform, the truth is that since becoming prime minister in 2015, gang violence and violent homicide has increased significantly. Trudeau's numerous legislative attempts to blame innocent firearm owners have not only completely failed, but they have thrown an entire industry into choas, as hunters and sport shooters, outfitters, instructors, retailers and range operators are left scrambling to comply with the ever changing rules coming out of Ottawa.

Two years ago, in May 2020, in the middle of the pandemic, Justin Trudeau issued an OiC off the side of his desk which immediately prohibited more than a billion dollars worth of Canadians property, and criminalized hundreds of thousands of Canadians, many of which live in Ontario. At the time, Trudeau promised fair compensation for affected owners. More than two years later, after several failed rounds of industry engagement, and tens of millions spent on high priced consultants, Trudeau still doesn't have a plan how to do justice by the peaceful owners affected by these bans, who just want to hunt, compete, target shoot, in peace.

Recently, the Attorney General of Alberta has decided that enough is enough, and has filed an application in Federal Court to act as intervenor in a challenge to this unconstitutional gun ban, on behalf of dozens of individual Canadians and Businesses who are being personally and financially ruined by this draconian Measure.

I am calling on you now, to instruct the Attorney General of Ontario to do the same, and apply to intervene in this Federal Court challenge that the position of Ontario can be properly represented in those proceedings.

This isn't about gun rights, or even property rights. This is about good governance, and doing right by the taxpayers and the victims of gang violence. This is about making sure that the Federal Government is not allowed to waste billions of dollars doing the wrong thing, advancing a flawed policy of scapegoating good honest hard working Canadians, for the crimes committed by thugs and gangsters. Every time the Federal government does the wrong thing, it almost always comes at the cost of doing the right thing. Billions wasted buying back ordinary rifles and shotguns from peace loving Canadians is money better spent directly investing in our communities that are disproportionately affected by gang violence. You can buy a tremendous amount education services, mental health and welfare services, drug addiction counselling, offender rehabilitation programs, and better training for our police forces with the money that the Trudeau government wants to waste on this failed buy back.

In addition to simply doing the wrong thing, we now know that Trudeau has embarked on this prohibit and confiscation program for entirely false and disingenuous reasons. As we now know through testimony at the Nova Scotia Mass Casualty Commission, the PMO and the RCMP were interfering in the investigation into one of the worst mass violence tragedies in Canadian history from the get in order to contrive a justification to move forward and satisfy unfilled election promises. Enough is Enough.

Will Ontario stand with Alberta, and fight to put a stop to a horrendously costly and completely ineffective property seizure program that will do nothing to address real violence, but will actually make it worse by diverting precious resources away from our cities and social services sector who need it most?

Please direct that AG of Ontario to intervene in Cassandra Parker et al v Attorney General of Canada, Federal Court File No T-569-20, to ensure that the Federal Court hears the perspective of Ontarians, who do not support this colossal waste of time and resources which has criminalized hundreds of thousands of peaceful Canadians and completely failed to target the actual criminals responsible for the violence in our streets.

Thank you kindly, please don't hesitate to reach out if I can provide any further information or assistance.

Thank you.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Super GunNutz
    Donsky,
    Sent to Ford and Downey. Will post any replies.

All great news... We the Albertans should also reach out to Minister of Justice and Solicitor General Mr. Tyler Shandro and Alberta's Chief Firearms Officer Ms. Teri Bryant and show our appreciation and support... Their stance is not an easy position to take...

Done, and sent to Doug Ford

You can write to Ontario's Premier here:

The Hon. Doug Ford, M.P.P.
    Premier of Ontario
    Legislative Building
    Queen's Park
    Toronto ON M7A 1A1

Phone: 416-325-1941

Email: premier@ontario.ca

LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA