Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 108118120121122123124125126127128
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1280

Thread: IN-STOCK: All-New TYPE 81 SR

I didn't see how old this thread was when I replied, to be fair. I was searching for T81 threads in general because I wanted to chase down the rumors about the next batch of rifles.

SR, has been great although it got a badly needed trigger job. My SR had the worst trigger, easily, out of 4 different T81's I've fired. Now it's half the pull weight and much nicer, although still far from amazing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    No problem Goose762.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Is there stock available on these for this price?

They are available right now for $1499, no more sale

Ya I saw the ones available, I just can't get on board with the stock on these. I'll wait it out and hopefully something comes in with a different configuration.
    If your not first your last!

Might I ask why not? It's really comfy. The cheekrest spaces your head in the right position to use the scope with a nice cheekweld, the length of pull is pretty generous and gets you right into the eyebox, and overall it's great for this rifle. Everyone who's used mind really liked it.

When shooting off a rest and rear bag I like putting my support hand through the cut out in the stock and grabbing my opposite wrist while pushing downward on the stock with the forarm of my support hand, locking down the rifle solid. I find this position especially comfortable and solid, I can rapid fire out to range and watch all my hits through the scope, it's great. Can string them all on a IDPA torso at 350 yards so fast you're already pulling the trigger again before you hear the impacts, with the comp on it and locked down like that the gun barely moves.

I've used all of the variants of the stock, the thumb hole is a real winner and the only stinker is the standard fixed stock for the really wierd geometry of the cheek cutout which forces you to keep your head really forward, very close to the reciever just to get a sight picture.

I guess I shouldn't judge a book about its cover, Without trying it out or even seeing one in person its hard to make a decision. I wanted something compact and smaller then my sks for "shtf" scenario. Thanks for the description, the wheels are turning now!
    Last edited by JohnLaw; 02-29-2024 at 09:55 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    Its a long gangly setup for people who want to run and gun sub 200m. Which id suspect is a vast majority of the Type 81 market.
    Just saying it how it is.....

Canoe paddle is the first thing I thought of when I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray 3-D View Post
    Its a long gangly setup for people who want to run and gun sub 200m. Which id suspect is a vast majority of the Type 81 market.
    Well, as far as "long" and "gangly" go, the SR is almost exactly the same size and weight as an SKS. Sitting side to side with the butts on the floor they're almost exactly muzzle to muzzle, and an SR with no sling or optic weights in at 8.33lbs while an SKS right there too, give or take a quarter lbs heavier or lighter depending on the rifle.
    The P04 is pretty heavy at 1.3lbs so that gets you to just under 10 full configured for the SR. That's getting heavy but it's honestly pretty standard.

For the record a stock SE fullstock weighs in at 7.12lbs while the LMG with no bipod is 8.42lbs. No mag included in any weights i've given, the source of all of which is my postal scale. The pencil barrel on the SE is doing the heavy lifting in the difference there.

So while the SE will make for the handiest rifle by a good margin especially when you remove the silly grenade sleeve the SR is really quite manageable too, unless we're also going to call the SKS a pig which it really isn't.
    The PO4 optic on the SR works really well for quick shooting on steel since it's essentially a commie ACOG, and the muzzle brake really keeps the muzzle down. I didn't do much running but i've shot several hundred rounds off hand at this point and i'm a fan.

I definitely will still get an SE and remove/swap and bunch of stuff on it if and when they show back up since I like the T81's in general and i've already pretty far into this platform with all the mags and stuff, but the SR is staying in the configuration it's in now.