Page 103 of 128 FirstFirst ... 83939596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111113123 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1280

Thread: IN-STOCK: All-New TYPE 81 SR

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlosa View Post
    I’m hearing there is a 3% restocking fee, plus they do not pay for shipping labels, and there’s more fees they take Lol. Sold us all cheap and defective products, and they do not want to make up for it. Shipped to Toronto with accessories it costs me more than $2500 and I can’t even go to the range or crown land without worry of it cracking on me. If someone were to have an accident, TI will be in much deeper trouble. Lets get Trudeau out of here so we can get our good guns back.
    This is incorrect. They are paying for shipping both ways. No restocking fees. Not sure where you got this from. Customer service is top notch.

My rifle applied bfile's fix with epoxy since the brass screw is broken. I went to the range today and dumped 100 rds. After the inspection I found the epoxy cracked. No cracks on the stock yet but epoxy seems not strong enough to hold the stock. I used Permatex steel weld metal epoxy.

The bfile fix definitely is working, if the riveting is strong enough.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Can you drill out the old screw and put in a larger diameter steel screw? Or is there not enough wood left to do this?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonLiu View Post
    My rifle applied bfile's fix with epoxy since the brass screw is broken. I went to the range today and dumped 100 rds. After the inspection I found the epoxy cracked. No cracks on the stock yet but epoxy seems not strong enough to hold the stock. I used Permatex steel weld metal epoxy.

The bfile fix definitely is working, if the riveting is strong enough.
    That stuff is garbage on anything. Cheap clear epoxy from the dollars store is what I would use for epoxy (slow drying) but why use epoxy anyways when all you need is the screw to hold onto the wood? The screw head will hold onto the metal.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlosa View Post
    I’m hearing there is a 3% restocking fee, plus they do not pay for shipping labels, and there’s more fees they take Lol. Sold us all cheap and defective products, and they do not want to make up for it. Shipped to Toronto with accessories it costs me more than $2500 and I can’t even go to the range or crown land without worry of it cracking on me. If someone were to have an accident, TI will be in much deeper trouble. Lets get Trudeau out of here so we can get our good guns back.
    You heard?

I heard there are alien spaceships manipulating the US election. Maybe it's true, you never know.

Kidding aside, that rumour is most likely from fb type 81 enthusiast group. Some lovely chaps there.

Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel View Post
    You heard?

I heard there are alien spaceships manipulating the US election. Maybe it's true, you never know.

Kidding aside, that rumour is most likely from fb type 81 enthusiast group. Some lovely chaps there.
    I think the confusion is TI was doing this for returning defective firearms couple years ago that were no fault of the buyer, 3% fee, no refund on shipping fees, and no return shipping provided, however after some push back they folded and I don’t think it’s a thing anymore.

Funny enough it’s was a defective stock on the sulun, first shipment and it couldn’t be replaced as their wasn’t inventory.
    Last edited by Stevent; 11-13-2022 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel View Post
    That stuff is garbage on anything. Cheap clear epoxy from the dollars store is what I would use for epoxy (slow drying) but why use epoxy anyways when all you need is the screw to hold onto the wood? The screw head will hold onto the metal.
    I posted a comment earlier in this thread and the screw head is broken. Could be the quality of the screw is bad, or the brass can't bear my torque when tightening it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Can you drill out the old screw and put in a larger diameter steel screw? Or is there not enough wood left to do this?
    I could drill it out and put a larger screw but don't want to mess with it yet

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLiu View Post
    I could drill it out and put a larger screw but don't want to mess with it yet
    Why did you use a brass screw?

Quote Originally Posted by bigmouth View Post
    Why did you use a brass screw?
    Bfile solution is with a brass screw, I want to replicate it with the exact same setup. It could be the quality of that screw is bad, I picked it up from homedepot. My suggestion is better to use a steel one tho.