Page 104 of 128 FirstFirst ... 849496979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112114124 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1280

Thread: IN-STOCK: All-New TYPE 81 SR

Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel View Post
    You heard?

I heard there are alien spaceships manipulating the US election. Maybe it's true, you never know.

Kidding aside, that rumour is most likely from fb type 81 enthusiast group. Some lovely chaps there.
    I’ll get back to you as I messaged them myself to try and return this junk before I shoot it and get my money back. I’ll let you guys know what they say. But one person did try to contact them and they told them this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlosa View Post
    I’ll get back to you as I messaged them myself to try and return this junk before I shoot it and get my money back. I’ll let you guys know what they say. But one person did try to contact them and they told them this.
    It is a fairly easy fix which is under warranty. There is no reason to return it unless you get all railed up by some Internet warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel View Post
    It is a fairly easy fix which is under warranty. There is no reason to return it unless you get all railed up by some Internet warriors.
    I’m not going to fix it, should be a good product when you recieve it. TI also said they did “numerous” tests and these cracked stocks were just outliers. You don’t slap a bandaid on a problem that’s eventually going to get worse and fail overtime! The design on the stock is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlosa View Post
    I’m not going to fix it, should be a good product when you recieve it. TI also said they did “numerous” tests and these cracked stocks were just outliers. You don’t slap a bandaid on a problem that’s eventually going to get worse and fail overtime! The design on the stock is terrible.
    Lots of these up on EE and Gpost for the reasons stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLiu View Post
    My rifle applied bfile's fix with epoxy since the brass screw is broken. I went to the range today and dumped 100 rds. After the inspection I found the epoxy cracked. No cracks on the stock yet but epoxy seems not strong enough to hold the stock. I used Permatex steel weld metal epoxy.

The bfile fix definitely is working, if the riveting is strong enough.
    Being a soft metal screw, you might consider a dremel tool and getting broken screw down to where you can remove stock. Then work on getting screw out of stock. Put sleeve in stock which requires bigger hole anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tj black View Post
    Being a soft metal screw, you might consider a dremel tool and getting broken screw down to where you can remove stock. Then work on getting screw out of stock. Put sleeve in stock which requires bigger hole anyway.
    This is the route to take.

“ As per our refund policy, your rifle is not eligible for refund/exchange:
    https://www.tacticalimports.ca/refunds-ezp-24.html

We are currently working with manufacturer to come up with a solution as soon as possible. But understand we want to ensure the solution is 110% and manufacturer is currently doing extensive testing and research, we don't want to rush a half-effort solution or anything.

We are working to have solution available for free to clients of first shipment at no charge.

In any case, reports on stock breakage are very very rare considering the number of rifles shipped out, and we are replacing any reported cases in the until a solution is available. In the meantime, reinforcement of the stock via reported screw method will not void warranty as long as pilot hole drilled to prevent splitting.

Thank-you for your patience, your business is much appreciated!

Best regards,

-Nick”

No returns for me! Not supporting TI and their decision to sell us faulty rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    thanks for posting.

lol at the 1% . yup, looks like more coming.

Yep. One more for the pile. The worst part is, I don't even know if I can warranty this. I got a friend to purchase it for me while my license renewal is still being processed (4 months later) so I'm technically not the original buyer. I didn't even do anything with this rifle aside from shoulder it a few times and put the scope on it to take a few pictures of it. I was treating it pretty gently too because of the issues people have been having. I feel like some boomer who's fallen for a Nigerian Prince scam. Thanks TI, very cool. $2400 for a rifle that breaks if you look at it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ceilingcat View Post
    Totally agree. Don't heed the naysayers, they are just looking for something to complain about to justify not being able to have one or buyers remorse.

The stock issue is pretty trivial in the end, the action of the gun and core parts of the gun are solid.
    Uh... since when is the grip/stock of the gun not a core part of the gun? How is the grip and stock potentially falling off the gun, leaving you with a barreled action just a "trivial" issue? Are you smoking crack?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Looks like some folks with new accounts are on a rampage.

TI: "we will fix this problem at no charge for you"

Newbies: "I want my pacifier and some diapers"