Page 107 of 128 FirstFirst ... 879799100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115117127 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1280

Thread: IN-STOCK: All-New TYPE 81 SR

Yet somehow 100 year old enfield stocks are holding up.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    It’s cracked at both pins, the cracks are spread 1/2 way through the width but not all the way. Oddly enough, the stock still feels solid - no wiggle, no wobble. My screw and washer are holding well.

Keep in mind; this is unfired, not stress tested, and i haven’t been doing any rough handling.

I think all of these will crack.

I’ll contact TI tomorrow. I have no problem holding on to the rifle until they send a replacement/ improved stock - I’m fairly handy mechanically (not so much with wood working), and at this stage in my life 2K isn’t a big hit on my wallet (not bragging as I’ve been on both ends of the spectrum).
    This sounds like cracked differently from what most people have seen, rather it's likely due to random torque horizontally... either way the root of these is the baby amount of meat around pins.

My local gun smith said the screw method could potentially bend the metal around the hole under recoil. He suggest the best fix would be find someone make an AR-Style metal or polymer insert into that area, and bolt the stock on with a 1/2-inch bolt... I hope Polytech can just forget about the two pins and do something similar in their fix...

deleted
    Last edited by JasonLiu; 11-15-2022 at 02:37 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tinviper View Post
    Yet somehow 100 year old enfield stocks are holding up.
    Wood moves, it does stabilize a bit over time but still moves, the movement combined with an obviously poor design is likely why some of the unused guns are already failing right out of the box.
    Maybe the wood is kiln dried or air dried to an appropriate level, maybe not? I'm not saying it's the sole cause just a possibly contributing factor.

Take a look at the difference between this new design and the old enfields and it will possibly become more clear to you that it's an apples and manure comparison.....

It will be interesting to see what they come up with for an improved connection.
    Last edited by Can-down; 11-15-2022 at 04:23 AM.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by TTTimothy View Post
    This sounds like cracked differently from what most people have seen, rather it's likely due to random torque horizontally... either way the root of these is the baby amount of meat around pins.
    My cracks look identical to all the others, just not all the way to the other side of the receiver yet.

For what it’s worth, I’ve tried to work some wood glue into the crack. I don’t think it’ll do much, but better to try something.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    didnt you do the machine screw mod which is the more advance than the wood screw mod and it still failed? wow!!!
    I can laugh when I read this. That's why TI has to offer an out of the box solution. People can't even put a screw in properly.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    I was looking at the picture in the original post of this thread. Anyone else see this? I didn't go through the entire thread to see if this was pointed out. Cracked??
    Name:  Screenshot_20221115-183746_Chrome.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  28.1 KB
    Last edited by Chumlee Bumsnag; 11-15-2022 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumlee Bumsnag View Post
    I was looking at the picture in the original post of this thread. Anyone else see this? I didn't go through the entire thread to see if this was pointed out. Cracked??
    Name:  Screenshot_20221115-183746_Chrome.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  28.1 KB
    No. That’s not a photo of a crack. That’s the cut taper of wood stock. It’s actually quite elegant in appearance.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    No. That’s not a photo of a crack. That’s the cut taper of wood stock. It’s actually quite elegant in appearance.
    Correct, there is no connection in that area.

That's where the screw would go through if one opted for that way.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    Pretty sure TI will have their hands full in the spring with all the broken stocks. They are claiming that only few are effected but it is just a matter of time and unsatisfied customers. The whole batch needs new stocks and for sure I will not put a screw in mine as a solution. We already heard that a buyer consulted a gunsmith who said "no" to this. TI is also claiming that this is a warranty issue. I don't think so, this is a design problem (a moderator on here pointed this out already, so I'd say we are safe with this suggestion) which makes the product unsafe and unusable for it's intended use.

If the stock cracks during it's intended use and somebody gets hurt, TI will have a lot more to deal with than replacing wooden stocks. Their knowledge of the problem has already been very well documented.

Is anybody aware that TI contacted any buyer of this potentially serious safety concern? Nope. Head in the sand strategy.
    Last edited by fritzhanzel; 11-18-2022 at 04:04 PM.