Page 108 of 128 FirstFirst ... 8898100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1280

Thread: IN-STOCK: All-New TYPE 81 SR

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Got your email, ya shatty to see that. Could just be only a matter of time till mine cracks aswell but until then I'll keep using it
    whats your round count now fired on the SR??

Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel View Post
    Pretty sure TI will have their hands full in the spring with all the broken stocks. They are claiming that only few are effected but it is just a matter of time and unsatisfied customers. The whole batch needs new stocks and for sure I will not put a screw in mine as a solution. We already heard that a buyer consulted a gunsmith who said "no" to this. TI is also claiming that this is a warranty issue. I don't think so, this is a design problem (a moderator on here pointed this out already, so I'd say we are safe with this suggestion) which makes the product unsafe and unusable for it's intended use.

If the stock cracks during it's intended use and somebody gets hurt, TI will have a lot more to deal with than replacing wooden stocks. Their knowledge of the problem has already been very well documented.

Is anybody aware that TI contacted any buyer of this potentially serious safety concern? Nope. Head in the sand strategy.
    I don’t think it’s a serious safety concern. I guess it could be, under the wrong circumstances, but stocks break on many rifles and it hasn’t resulted in any injuries that I’m aware of.

TI will sort it out. My guess is a batch of reinforced stocks will be produced and made available to early adopters.

I also don’t think my reinforcement screw will bend the back of the receiver trunnion. I’m not a gunsmith but I am formally trained as a machinist - even tho I’ve never been employed as such (became an LEO right out of school)

It’s disappointing about the stocks but that’s all it is at this point. In a few months it’ll be one for the history books.

CGN Regular
    So enough about the stock issue, lets share some mods on the rifle,

- added a rail using the handguard screw and a threaded wood insert into the wood handguard (there is a lot of meat there unlike the stock lol)
    - modified safety for 90 degree throw
    - printed magazine pulls because it makes the mags easier to grab and insert
    - reinforced stock with 6mm threaded insert and 6mm hex screw, head ground to fit (if it breaks still I'm 3d printing a custom stock)
    - linseed oil finish on it

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/8o89q...6dn5cm3t12hogi
    Last edited by ceilingcat; 11-18-2022 at 08:37 PM.

Looks good cellingcat.

You got any rounds down the pipe?

I keep intending to take mine out, but something always comes up.

CGN Regular
    unfortunately ZERO due to life getting in the way right now, but I got to tinker with it in the meantime! I did a 6mm hex insert for my stock reinforcement too, but if the stock breaks I'm 3d printing one so not too worried

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyK View Post
    whats your round count now fired on the SR??
    Haven't been out again yet but I'm hoping in the next few days
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ceilingcat View Post
    So enough about the stock issue, lets share some mods on the rifle,

- added a rail using the handguard screw and a threaded wood insert into the wood handguard (there is a lot of meat there unlike the stock lol)
    - modified safety for 90 degree throw
    - printed magazine pulls because it makes the mags easier to grab and insert
    - reinforced stock with 6mm threaded insert and 6mm hex screw, head ground to fit (if it breaks still I'm 3d printing a custom stock)
    - linseed oil finish on it

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/8o89q...6dn5cm3t12hogi
    LOVE the rail/bipod set up, might just have to do that too
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    I don’t think it’s a serious safety concern. I guess it could be, under the wrong circumstances, but stocks break on many rifles and it hasn’t resulted in any injuries that I’m aware of.

TI will sort it out. My guess is a batch of reinforced stocks will be produced and made available to early adopters.

I also don’t think my reinforcement screw will bend the back of the receiver trunnion. I’m not a gunsmith but I am formally trained as a machinist - even tho I’ve never been employed as such (became an LEO right out of school)

It’s disappointing about the stocks but that’s all it is at this point. In a few months it’ll be one for the history books.
    My exact thoughts. A screw is only going to last so long. It WILL fail. Our best bet is to get Sigmaco (who’s been making us our cool handguards) to figure something out with the stock.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlosa View Post
    My exact thoughts. A screw is only going to last so long. It WILL fail. Our best bet is to get Sigmaco (who’s been making us our cool handguards) to figure something out with the stock.
    nobody wanted to loan him in gta/ niagara a sr rifle ....

CGN Regular
    Any word on when more se folders will be in?