Page 36 of 128 FirstFirst ... 162628293031323334353637383940414243444656 ... LastLast

Thread: IN-STOCK: All-New TYPE 81 SR

Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel View Post
    The Zastava Sniper Rifle starts at US $3,499.99 plus the scope etc. - that's how much we would have to shell out, brings us to around $5K plus scope.

Anybody demanding a semi automatic sniper rifle in excellent quality and in 7.62x54r does not know what he is talking about.

We HAD the Norinco M14 in 308 - gone, so this sniper would most likely be ban ban ban.

TI made it possible to get us what most want, and it had to be based on the type 81 to get RCMP approval.

Settle this discussion now and buy what you can on the Canadian market, or move to the US if you have enough money and buy that Zastava.
    BTW Zastava Sniper Rifle is a prohibited rifle I think.

Quote Originally Posted by p.Rundle View Post
    The M+M M10X looks far cooler, but it's a total piece of crap that jams and breaks constantly. I have never seen one run well. Do not buy an M10X.
    Thanks for telling your experience on M10X. For me the type 81 sr is way cooler than anything I've seen so far in 762x39 in Canada lol. There might be some expensive/custom build I haven't seen. I feel like M10X is just added a M-lock handguard, a better build than the vz-58 which I owned.
    Last edited by JasonLiu; 10-07-2022 at 07:56 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarheart View Post
    I'm wondering that it's taking TI so long to ship after people have ordered. I'm guessing they are either still being slammed with this years handgun buying frenzy or are still playing catch up on it or something similar.
    Anyways Tactical Imports did great getting in a unique rifle at a low price point for this day and age. It's a perfect addition to any Kanukistani arsenal.

CGN Regular
    Someone have a LMG and put this thing side by side with it?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonLiu View Post
    BTW Zastava Sniper Rifle is a prohibited rifle I think.
    Oh yes, that's what I was trying to point out - a type 81 in 7.62x54r would definitely need a different design - and the chances of being classified as prohibited are like 100%.

There are so many choices for 308 bolt action rifles in Canada and even my Ruger 308 is a MOA rifle and the 308 cartridge is even better than the 7.62x54r. Personally I like the 7.62x39 much much more, recoil is like half of 308, fun fun fun.

Sure, if you watch too much youtube and the mericans with all their fancy AK's and other stuff makes you jealous - but we cannot have it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel View Post
    The Zastava Sniper Rifle starts at US $3,499.99 plus the scope etc. - that's how much we would have to shell out, brings us to around $5K plus scope.

Anybody demanding a semi automatic sniper rifle in excellent quality and in 7.62x54r does not know what he is talking about.

We HAD the Norinco M14 in 308 - gone, so this sniper would most likely be ban ban ban.

TI made it possible to get us what most want, and it had to be based on the type 81 to get RCMP approval.

Settle this discussion now and buy what you can on the Canadian market, or move to the US if you have enough money and buy that Zastava.
    at that price the m71 is coming with a belarus posp 4x24.

but i do still think what we got with the npz is a bargain and will be interesting to see on the long run as the valmet if they stay non restricted ...

and related to unhappy campers: us customers doesnt think it worth 3000usd a little like here and of course when they will dry up it will be: if i knew ...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Just be happy you can buy a gun FFS… take what you can get these days.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverMeat View Post
    well said

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverMeat View Post
    Indeed.
    "Canadians, in this fateful hour, I command you and I trust you to fight as you have ever fought with all your strength, with all your determination, with all your tranquil courage." Sir Arthur William Currie