Page 102 of 128 FirstFirst ... 8292949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110112122 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1280

Thread: IN-STOCK: All-New TYPE 81 SR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    My experience with T.I. is they are pretty good with customer service, it's unfortunate for them that they downplayed the bad design a bit by suggesting that it went through extensive stress testing etc in China, and also suggesting less then 1% failure in the first month or so of roll out.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Uber Super GunNutz Mikehenrybell's Avatar
    Nothing to complain about their customer service, with improved stocks installed for the next batch of shipments and the offering of a warranty for cracked stocks, I'm not worrying too much.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel View Post
    His "solution" was poor.

Now he realized it and started slamming the stock on the table with the expected result, lol.
    exactly what i thought ...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikehenrybell View Post
    Nothing to complain about their customer service, with improved stocks installed for the next batch of shipments and the offering of a warranty for cracked stocks, I'm not worrying too much.
    Agreed. They already reached out to me. They offered to replace the rifle or provide a new improved stock when available. I opted for a rifle since they are not sure how long it will take to get the stock. Although there is a design flaw, the customer service is excellent.

Well, I guess you can add me to the "1%" of owners with a cracked stock, never fired.

My guess is that a lot more than 1% are cracked - owners just haven't checked yet.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soheipp View Post
    Here you go:
    thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by AccountantWhoLovesGuns View Post
    Well, I guess you can add me to the "1%" of owners with a cracked stock, never fired.

My guess is that a lot more than 1% are cracked - owners just haven't checked yet.
    lol at the 1% . yup, looks like more coming.

Quote Originally Posted by AccountantWhoLovesGuns View Post

Lol all this stock cracking talk.. mine has been sitting in the safe unfired since the day I unboxed it. This post inspired me to pull the cover off and take a closer look. And yup its cracked. Fractured about a quarter of the way across from the upper pin left side..

I have about 300 down range with mine now. Put screw and washer in day one. Still all is well. I have had email convos on a few occasions with TA and one phone call. Mine came with a pretty good gas block cant and they offered to replace the rifle. Everything else lined up nice on the gun so i decided to stick with this one and see how she runs instead of something unknown as a replacement. TA customer support was above and beyond so i have no issues there. Good bunch. Ya there is a stock issue. We know that. But lets focus on the good.

I had it out with my LMG today. The way the sr is setup sure makes it a nice rifle to shoot. Recoil pulse for me is much better than the lmg. Much easier to follow up. Trigger feels better as well. I adjusted the screw so there was a bit of slack after she breaks. Shooting them back to back its noticeable in a good way. Both were scoped and average groups back to back with same ammo, same rest, same hold, same shot pace the SR was tighter and more consistent over the course of fire today. Zero complaints and joy to shoot cant wait to take it out further and see if handloads can improve things.

Here is back to back 10 shot groups with Chinese copper wash surp 100M. Wasn't really taking my time either

I'm happy with that.

There you have it!

Turns out this happened to me too.

The gun arrived a while ago, heard about the stock cracking but never checked mine closely. Just held it, felt good, thought I would be lucky.

Just brought the Type 81 SR to the range. Open the trunk, the stock was already cracked. Btw I never did the modification with the screw.

The whole gun fall off the stock.

First time posting image, not sure if I post the image correctly.

Last edited by fburger; 11-13-2022 at 04:49 PM.

I’m hearing there is a 3% restocking fee, plus they do not pay for shipping labels, and there’s more fees they take Lol. Sold us all cheap and defective products, and they do not want to make up for it. Shipped to Toronto with accessories it costs me more than $2500 and I can’t even go to the range or crown land without worry of it cracking on me. If someone were to have an accident, TI will be in much deeper trouble. Lets get Trudeau out of here so we can get our good guns back.