Page 85 of 128 FirstFirst ... 6575777879808182838485868788899091929395105 ... LastLast

Thread: IN-STOCK: All-New TYPE 81 SR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CZ Shooter View Post
    Ok this is new information.
    If I understand you correctly, you are saying that there already is a screw going down into the pistol grip?
    If so, what is this screw attached to?
    Yes there is a screw, no idea why it is there, maybe there was a plan to reinforce it through the receiver into this area?

I am not gonna mess with drilling into the receiver, TI mentioned that the manufacturer is working on a solution.

And I agree with you on the top screw some did here. I don't want to see a screw through the gap between the receiver and the wood, I also don't like the way gnnutz on youtube did it, I have no plan to touch any of the original parts, in his case grinding off a part of the safety lever. I am very well capable of fixing it, even if it should crack but this is a new rifle I bought and I am not gonna mess with it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    Just recieved the rifle today...scope still in the mail.
    Initial impressions are very good as far as the fit and finish is concerned.

Was going to enlist my machinist friend for a solution in regards to beefing uo the stock, but he will be out of town till next week.
    But just from looking at how everything is arranged, the screw fix does not seem very appealing, as the hole is too big with not much to grab on.
    Of course a washer could be used, but then the dust cover would need trimming and the result would be somewhat of a Mickey-Mouse.

After closer examination, a light bulb went off inside my head:

Drill a hole straight down into the reciever plate, upon which the recoil spring assembly is anchored (this should not weaken the reciever in any way).

Of course this hole would need to be counter sunk to accomodate a wood screw (deck screw would fit the bill), so it wouldn't interfere with the recoil spring anchor.

This screw would then go straight down into the pistol grip (of course assuming the pistol grip is not hollow, as I haven't had a chance to take off that cover on the bottom yet).

That should be by far the strongest fix, due to the angle of the screw.
    I of course welcome any criticism of this idea, as it is just a quick one off the top of my head.
    The only con to this is the risk of clipping the 2 critical trunnion rivets that pass thru the block you intend to drill. If done successfully this method seems to essentially be how SVD stock and most likely PSL stocks affix to the receiver.
    Just saying it how it is.....

Im leaning towards a hole drilled on back of receiver under existing hole guys are using for screw but lower under the plate used for return spring. . Then Put dowel pin or screw sleeve into stock. You just slide receiver onto dowel pin or screw sleeve of stock and then add lower pins back, locked in both areas from pivoting.
    Problem is its not holding stock tight this way.

Have my rifle now, hole on top and space is bigger then expected. Like they just forgot to add bolt and sleeve from factory.
    Return spring receiver plate is different then i thought from when i was looking at pictures.
    Going to require more thought
    Last edited by tj black; 10-26-2022 at 09:18 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    I just noticed my stock is a bit crooked… that will counter the scope offset. Bonus!
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    Just recieved the rifle today...scope still in the mail.
    Initial impressions are very good as far as the fit and finish is concerned.

Was going to enlist my machinist friend for a solution in regards to beefing uo the stock, but he will be out of town till next week.
    But just from looking at how everything is arranged, the screw fix does not seem very appealing, as the hole is too big with not much to grab on.
    Of course a washer could be used, but then the dust cover would need trimming and the result would be somewhat of a Mickey-Mouse.

After closer examination, a light bulb went off inside my head:

Drill a hole straight down into the reciever plate, upon which the recoil spring assembly is anchored (this should not weaken the reciever in any way).

Of course this hole would need to be counter sunk to accomodate a wood screw (deck screw would fit the bill), so it wouldn't interfere with the recoil spring anchor.

This screw would then go straight down into the pistol grip (of course assuming the pistol grip is not hollow, as I haven't had a chance to take off that cover on the bottom yet).

That should be by far the strongest fix, due to the angle of the screw.
    I of course welcome any criticism of this idea, as it is just a quick one off the top of my head.
    I mentioned doing this in the other thread a few days ago and someone thought I was nuts to be drilling a hole through the reciever lol
    But ya I think its probably the best way to fix it short of getting a different stock from TI

Sheet metal, rivets, stock surgery, "Srew Required, drilling receiver, mediocre at best scope, >$2k. Why anyone would choose this over a $400 sks in the same caliber still baffles me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmouth View Post
    Sheet metal, rivets, stock surgery, "Srew Required, drilling receiver, mediocre at best scope, >$2k. Why anyone would choose this over a $400 sks in the same caliber still baffles me.
    Lol. Good one.

$400-500 before or after you put a bunch of aftermarket parts on it like a rail or an ad-hoc detachable mag… which I’ve never done. I shoot it as the commies intended.

I’d debate the scope quality as solid. As for the stock… it is what it is.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

I'd pay $1000 for the skin mod. Like the sks you mentioned, lots of people put mods on their sks.
    Another example from your point of view would be, any 22lr is basically a same thing. Actions are more or less the same, blowback-operated for semi-auto. Why would there need to be so many variant of 22lr rifles, pistols? Some of them can cost a fortune but not necessarily more accurate than the cheaper one.
    I have three 22lr toys, they just provide different enjoyment to me. Same for the type 81 sr.
    But I did not expect the stock issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverMeat View Post
    Lol. Good one.

$400-500 before or after you put a bunch of aftermarket parts on it like a rail or an ad-hoc detachable mag… which I’ve never done. I shoot it as the commies intended.

I’d debate the scope quality as solid. As for the stock… it is what it is.
    Well, I have the lpvo victor optic paid $400 and the clarity, fov, eye relief, eyebox, etc killed this scope. Still, I'd prefer the skin of the npz scope on a type 81 sr. Looks cool.
    SKIN.
    Last edited by JasonLiu; 10-25-2022 at 03:56 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    Just saying it how it is.....

Ahah wrong place to come and give your 2 cents at the moment. Anyways it would be an sks “d” then everything else done to it. You have to have 1 of each anyways!?