Page 18 of 128 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819202122232425262838 ... LastLast

Thread: IN-STOCK: All-New TYPE 81 SR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    The Type 81 SRs seem to have the M16x1mm muzzle thread.
    Just saying it how it is.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CZ Shooter View Post
    Based on my limited understanding, the slant was designed to mitigate the full auto fire, but not sure if it would be of any use on the bench?
    slant wont work with the SR.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray 3-D View Post
    The Type 81 SRs seem to have the M16x1mm muzzle thread.
    seems weird, the last shipment of LMG was 14mx1mm but the SR switched back to the M16. you would think they would continue with M14.

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    I have found that slant breaks absolutely suck. At least on VZs i tried them on in the past. They cause bad cheek slap type recoil and major POI shifts. Im pretty sure they were made to tame full auto firing on a AK, and from what i understand they were not used long ether. Functionality useless in my opinion, and maybe detrimental. all looks..

Quote Originally Posted by boss351cleveland View Post
    I have found that slant breaks absolutely suck. At least on VZs i tried them on in the past. They cause bad cheek slap type recoil and major POI shifts. Im pretty sure they were made to tame full auto firing on a AK, and from what i understand they were not used long ether. Functionality useless in my opinion, and maybe detrimental. all looks..
    That’s interesting. I’ve shot with slant breaks, flash hiders, and compensators and didn’t notice any POI shift - but then I had always zeroed the rifle with the affixed muzzle device; That is to say that I don't every recall installing a muzzle device after it was zeroed, so I wouldn’t notice any POI shift.

Can the muzzle device really alter POI without striking the bullet? … seems maybe it could.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    That’s interesting. I’ve shot with slant breaks, flash hiders, and compensators and didn’t notice any POI shift - but then I had always zeroed the rifle with the affixed muzzle device; That is to say that I don't every recall installing a muzzle device after it was zeroed, so I wouldn’t notice any POI shift.

Can the muzzle device really alter POI without striking the bullet? … seems maybe it could.
    He was probably running the infamous Dlask slant brake. Its design was way too aggressive for the barrel length, balancing point and overall weight of the VZ rifle. I ran a Tapco slant on my SKS for a season and it was fine. I ended up swapping it out cus it did nothing towards reducing the recoil. The Corwin Arms slant brake also worked fine on my VZ.

CGN Regular
    The recoil should be verrry reasonable on this x39 given rifle's heft and short stroke gas system I think will help too. Not sure how much a muzzle break is needed and also the flash hider just looks sexy/right on this beast

The Flash hider is worth getting for looks, and that appealing M14 steel ring sound when you fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post

seems weird, the last shipment of LMG was 14mx1mm but the SR switched back to the M16. you would think they would continue with M14.
    M16 threaded barrels was probably all that remained in the factory parts bin haha just guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffice View Post
    Source or speculation my friend don’t dash our 5.56 dreams like this.
    This pile of metal is designed by my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post

When you say it won't work with the SR, did you mean it won't physically thread onto it (different dimention), or it won't work as "it won't do anything"?
    "Gun control" is a feel good term, which is designed to disquise the globalist disarmament efforts under the pretense of fighting crime.