Page 111 of 128 FirstFirst ... 91101103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1280

Thread: IN-STOCK: All-New TYPE 81 SR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtrucks View Post
    Wonder if they release the remaining regular rifles soon to move them along
    as oppose to holding on to them for another couple of weeks? the only reason would be to give the dealers to sell the dragunov, i dont see any other reason.

Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    They will replace all stocks I heard. Even the ones bought second hand during the first year of warranty. They don't limit it to the original owner.

This is a reason for me to calm down a little bit. Looks like they are doing what they can.
    Hmm.. somewhat related to this, I had to order mine from FOC today since TI still showing sold out, so I was worried I'd be stuck with whatever fix (if any) they come up with. Think TI would still take a look at mine if it shows up cracked? lol

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    as oppose to holding on to them for another couple of weeks? the only reason would be to give the dealers to sell the dragunov, i dont see any other reason.
    Looks like youre eating crow lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen0 View Post
    Hmm.. somewhat related to this, I had to order mine from FOC today since TI still showing sold out, so I was worried I'd be stuck with whatever fix (if any) they come up with. Think TI would still take a look at mine if it shows up cracked? lol
    FOC that says it all ...

Quote Originally Posted by Zen0 View Post
    Warrantee is still through TI. I think they’d look after you.

Honestly I don't know which will come first, the reinforced stock or the semi-auto ban.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtrucks View Post
    Looks like youre eating crow lol
    you misunderstood what i was saying, just sayin, lol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    GNutzGuy on YouTube has some suggestions for the factory on how to make non-breaking SR stock, and offers a stable interim solution using a bolt to retain the stock, requiring some moderate stock alteration.

Quote Originally Posted by GNutzGuy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dmitri's Avatar
    So with all this ban nonsense i had to keep my self busy last few days, stress level is very high and thats not healthy. So i figured id get busy with my prototype replacement stock. I have done few SVD stocks in the past, mostly on CZ 858 platform, so i know the stock will need several points of attachment, normally i would have one bolt going through the pistol grip and the other through the thumbhole in to the back of the receiver (cz858 had room for that). But the type 81 SR is pretty limited as far as options go. so i did the only thing that seemed logical, i drilled and threaded a hole in that metal block that's riveted at the back of the receiver. i drilled it in the center of the groove to avoid any interference with the rivets. It is one tough piece of steel, took me a while to go through it and even longer to thread it. Normally i would give it a bit of an angle for the grip bolt so it pulls the stock forward as well as upward. But in this case i had to keep it straight at 90 degrees, since it was already too close to the back of the grip. As for the wooden part that inserts in to the opening at the back of the receiver, i extended it to provide more meat around the two receiver pins. it also kind of helps as a second point of attachment by hooking on to the receiver.
    For the stock material i used birch plywood, and once it was finished i had few imperfections that surfaced in few areas of exposed layers. So i had to use wood filler to fill few effected areas. Although this stock does not have such nice grain like the original wood stock does, it still looks good in person, and will look even better once all the staining and polyurethane coating is done. Here is what i have so far...

Also, i have shot another 200 rounds with the improved original stock and it is holding up great, no cracking of any kind.

Dmitri, lovely work! You’re obviously very skilled.

Beautiful.