Page 16 of 128 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617181920212223242636 ... LastLast

Thread: IN-STOCK: All-New TYPE 81 SR

CGN Regular
    Pretty neat overall, price is a bit spicy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    spicy? compared to what to ee regular t81 or what?

TI was this variation specifically made for the Canadian market or is this a piggyback order from a larger state arms purchase? Just curious what drove this variant’s development.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfd89 View Post
    TI was this variation specifically made for the Canadian market or is this a piggyback order from a larger state arms purchase? Just curious what drove this variant’s development.
    whatever it is a good option offered to us canadians.

Im hoping we will see more blonde furniture type 81 or wood sets available.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...tomatic-rifle/

Any chance of importing its bigger and modernized brother? Or did Norinco actually makes them in semi at all lol.

CGN Regular
    They may just be a tool room prototype like the underfolder type 81s. Im holding out for a different caliber for the SR Im sure its in the works.

The gun was redesigned from the t81 by a factory under norinco and exported to ca through Poly.
    Its unlikely that the 54R or any other caliber will be produced as we all expect. Because that factory for civilian firearms production Line will only use the old lathe for simple modification. Reforging the barrel for the civilian market in ca? No way.
    The fact is that the designers really need valid suggestions from the market (not "I don't think this gun looks good or I want a 54r). Because the design side is Information blockage.
    The factory was very short of money, and Poly's purchase price was unimaginably low. So they don't have the money to upgrade their equipment to improve quality (although they would very much want to do so)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Would a factory Grendel barrel be doable? I think B-wing Pilot or another Smith did one a while back. Alternatively, could that be done locally in little larger scale, like. DLasks NR Bren 2 barrels?

Quote Originally Posted by francher View Post
    The gun was redesigned from the t81 by a factory under norinco and exported to ca through Poly.
    Its unlikely that the 54R or any other caliber will be produced as we all expect. Because that factory for civilian firearms production Line will only use the old lathe for simple modification. Reforging the barrel for the civilian market in ca? No way.
    The fact is that the designers really need valid suggestions from the market (not "I don't think this gun looks good or I want a 54r). Because the design side is Information blockage.
    The factory was very short of money, and Poly's purchase price was unimaginably low. So they don't have the money to upgrade their equipment to improve quality (although they would very much want to do so)
    Source or speculation my friend don’t dash our 5.56 dreams like this.