Fiocchi small pistol primers are arrived !!

I'm one of the people who remember $30 for 1000 primers. With the price of primers, bullets and powder no a days I'm wondering if it's even cost effective to reload.

Check price of ammo..doubled..just a case of 9 mm run $400-$450 + taxes + for most shipping on top…it end up close to $500 +-
If you look at rifle .223 by example.a case of 1000/is $900+ close to $1000 with taxes ect..
Yes it worth reloading…no doupt..unless you shoot one box ot two a year…

Me too I remember the good old time with primers at $30…powder at $29.95..but no choice now, I purchased a case of 12000…it is what it is or no shooting. I have not purchased even one box factory ammo in the last 40 years..no plan to start now..

Last edited:
This is a comment that we got about the Fiocchi primers from one of our customers :

"Had the Fiocchi out to the range. Tested them in striker guns, DA/SA guns and a PCC. Forgot the 38Super comps I had loaded at home – I’ll test them later this week.

Primers detonated well in all guns. They show *slightly* more pressure signs (flow) than a ginex; but I think it’s an acceptable level.
They are softer than a ginex, so they should detonate with lighter hammer springs like a federal they just don’t handle the pressure as good as a federal.

I think they’re a good stopgap between the two types of primers."

Thank you for your comments, they are appreciated !

Back
Top Bottom