Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Sharing my FOC journey

For everyone using the "slammed with business" excuses...

Don't feel like I should have to explain this but when running a business, if you can't handle the work load - you don't take it on.

Opposite way of looking at it - they bumped prices of firearms massively due to supply and demand along with had massive increase in sales. Why none of that ridiculous profit went to hiring help, shouldn't need be drawn in crayon.
    CCFR & IDPA MEMBER

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Breensy View Post
    For everyone using the "slammed with business" excuses...

Don't feel like I should have to explain this but when running a business, if you can't handle the work load - you don't take it on.

Opposite way of looking at it - they bumped prices of firearms massively due to supply and demand along with had massive increase in sales. Why none of that ridiculous profit went to hiring help, shouldn't need be drawn in crayon.
    Let's be honest, most firearms business are old and run by ppl that can barley make a Gmail account. Just look at all the URLS from business vendors that are not hot-linked in their sigs.

Now that e-com is a thing, everyone is struggling to keep up.

I think they are catching up.

Ordered September 13
    Reference number provided Sept 25. #60362XX
    Approved October 3rd
    Shipped October 5th.

I would call that very good service.
    YMMV.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by STEELCITYSLICKER View Post
    People need to understand that retailers were slammed with business that they were not set up to receive - that shouldnt be news to anyone and people should have a level of understanding about the circumstances that they have found themselves in.

That said.......how they handle inquiries from the public (ie, the OP) is what sets apart a decent retailer, from a gong show of a retailer.

While the delays are understandable for FOC, their response (or lack of) is not.
    Well said. I completely understand that not many companies were prepared to handle the volume of purchases requiring transfers they have received over the past few months. Delays are expected but not communicating with the paying customer doesn't help anything for future business.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by ted_dent View Post
    You blocked him too? Join the club. His act wore thin after years of unfunny gibberish.
    I blocked kamlooky years ago too! Couldn't stand trying to comprehend that humourless drivel. Probably trying to win the first prize for being the most blocked person on this site without going pink...lol.

CGN Regular
    I understand the frustration but I see no need to turn it into some mean girls thread.

how would that work in this context...are you suggesting that they should have refused to sell handguns and meet the 10 fold increase in demand caused by govt regulations? how else would they "not take on" the increase in demand?

F

i didnt see massive price increases...all Glocks they had at TACCOM were regular price and so was the HK I bought.

As for hiring, not sure what line of business you are in, but usually you cant hire people overnight...especially in this line where employees likely need a PAL to handle firearms etc. If they didnt have time to fulfill orders do you think they had time to post employee ads, interview employees, sign work contracts etc?

Any "profits" they make now will have to keep them afloat once the regulations kick in (and they would likely have to fire any new employees they brought on at that point).

Typically there are 55,000 handguns sold in a year but thanks to the govt action, 178,000 have been sold in the last three MONTHS...so 3 years worth in 3 months and businesses were caught unaware. Of course some were more impacted than others...some sold 100 or 200 handguns while others sold thousands

personally i am glad they focused on getting as many transfers done as possible

i didnt see massive price increases...all Glocks they had at TACCOM were regular price and so was the HK I bought.

As for hiring, not sure what line of business you are in, but usually you cant hire people overnight...especially in this line where employees likely need a PAL to handle firearms etc. If they didnt have time to fulfill orders do you think they had time to post employee ads, interview employees, sign work contracts etc?

Any "profits" they make now will have to keep them afloat once the regulations kick in (and they would likely have to fire any new employees they brought on at that point).

Typically there are 55,000 handguns sold in a year but thanks to the govt action, 178,000 have been sold in the last three MONTHS...so 3 years worth in 3 months and businesses were caught unaware. Of course some were more impacted than others...some sold 100 or 200 handguns while others sold thousands

personally i am glad they focused on getting as many transfers done as possible[/QUOTE]

hi kinda off topic here but not really,lol but I wanted to ask , did you buy a HK USP tactical 45 acp from there a few weeks ago? did they have it in stock for like a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper666 View Post

hi kinda off topic here but not really,lol but I wanted to ask , did you buy a HK USP tactical 45 acp from there a few weeks ago? did they have it in stock for like a day?
    No, an HK P8A1...and they had it in stock for 9 min, the time from me to get the email notification they had one till the time i got the invoice for the sale lol

RL

Quote Originally Posted by RL1 View Post
    No, an HK P8A1...and they had it in stock for 9 min, the time from me to get the email notification they had one till the time i got the invoice for the sale lol

RL
    OK thank you for your response

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast