Rumour of East Coast Hurricane Fast-Tracked Approvals

9mmGunGuy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Is there any truth to the rumour that some east coast firearm vendors have been getting preferred restricted approvals due to hurricane power and other issues? If so, any chance your store could apply to the provincial CFOs for expedited approvals?

I see this as a public safely issue if stores are without power and/or inadequately staffed.

Last edited:
Some of the east coast provinces have been 2 day transfers the whole time. Because so few people in the province doing transfers…

You are in Ont. Ont cfo office has power. And a 4 + month wait…

I don't think. I started a transfer (NS) on the 6th of Sept to NB and it just got approved on the 3rd.

In actuality it would slow down as people leaving early to prep their house for the storm.

To add, the store wont be able to ship the firearm before, so it still be in the store without power.

Some of the east coast provinces have been 2 day transfers the whole time. Because so few people in the province doing transfers…

You are in Ont. Ont cfo office has power. And a 4 + month wait…

There were several NS to ON transfers reported elsewhere that suddenly appeared as approved far ahead of schedule.
Just wondering if this was a fluke or just a mistake.

Transfers to NS were around a week in July and August. Last couple have gone thru in 24 hours. Even prior to the hurricane.

Transfers to NS were around a week in July and August. Last couple have gone thru in 24 hours. Even prior to the hurricane.

Ya.... 9mm is talking about NS to Ontario transfers.....where the Ontario CFO approves the Transfer.

In-store transfers in NS have been completed in as little as the next day. They've always been fast, unless they have a reason.

The longest I've had to wait for just over a week.

I got a reference number on June 23 for a buyer in TCoTU, who confirmed his stuff a day or so later. Just confirmed with BC CFO an hour ago that all is well on my end. I just have to keep waiting for the Ontario CFO's email.

Hurricanes on the Prairies the last several months?

Nova Scotia:

End of August my transfer was in 6pm, and approval email sent just after lunch the next day.

My last transfer was the 29th of Sept. Approved Monday morning the 3rd.

I got a reference number on June 23 for a buyer in TCoTU, who confirmed his stuff a day or so later. Just confirmed with BC CFO an hour ago that all is well on my end. I just have to keep waiting for the Ontario CFO's email.

Hurricanes on the Prairies the last several months?

What the OP is trying to say is there has been several anomalies in transfers over the last 2 days in transfers to Ontario. Gaps of 40,000 transfer numbers being approved, the trend seemed to favour transfers coming out of NS.

The bulk of Ontario transfers are in the 5920000's, there has been a couple of 5980000 transfer from NS.

That's got nothing to do with the Maritimes, if the final destination is ON, then it's the ON CFO doing it

Yes, but why are they doing it? Did a vendor in NS request higher priority for some reason or are they are mistakes?
Nothing from Arms East who I was asking the question of so I assume an anomaly.

Back
Top Bottom