Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Part of Order Sold to Someone Else While Waiting for Transfer

Part of Order Sold to Someone Else While Waiting for Transfer

So I guess TI figured someone else needed magazines for my new pistol more than I did. Mags were in stock long before and after the order but when I finally get my stuff I am left with an IOU for my spare mags.

I am not getting an answer as to WHY so I can only assume they were sold to someone else instead of being kept with my order. Piss poor customer service, now I wait for however long for their next order that hopefully contains magazines to come in. What a joke, who is ok with having ONE mag for a gun??

Wow. That's terrible.

I ordered on June 23 FFS. Mags "might" show up this month. I won't be holding my breath. I also won't be shooting my gun since anything but brain dead plinking is hard with a single magazine...

There is sometimes issues importing mags and getting them pinned properly. You did not provide any information about your purchase so I am just speculating trying to give TI the benefit of a doubt. I think the fact that you have received your firearm with acknowledgement that your mags are coming is a better situation than many other Canadian firearm owners right now.

Not saying this is true of TI, but some retailers are banking on transfers taking 3-4 months for people. One retailer I purchased from didn’t even believe me when I sent them my transfer notice two weeks after purchase and they didn’t even have the gun in hand to be able to ship it that day, because they had sold based on serial numbers from the distributor.
    so it’s not all that surprising if they sold something to someone else, if they had that mindset, and a confirmation on more of that item being restocked quickly.
    Pretty horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Brettzky View Post
    Not saying this is true of TI, but some retailers are banking on transfers taking 3-4 months for people. One retailer I purchased from didn’t even believe me when I sent them my transfer notice two weeks after purchase and they didn’t even have the gun in hand to be able to ship it that day, because they had sold based on serial numbers from the distributor.
    so it’s not all that surprising if they sold something to someone else, if they had that mindset, and a confirmation on more of that item being restocked quickly.
    Pretty horrible.
    wonder how they could do that because the transfer needs to have the exact serial number of the gun sold, and that is the one that is sent to you. Magazines are different story. They could however sell a gun that they did not actually have in stock yet, but did have the serial number from the distributor.
    An hour late is still on time for people who aren’t coming

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettzky View Post
    Pretty horrible.
    Just-in-time gun sales... that’s extremely greasy. Sounds like B got a raw deal too, sorry to hear that.

The list of gun vendors I won’t do business with grows every day. Not sure TI is yet on that list but this thread certainly does not reflect well. As for all the people who have or will inevitably come in to give the vendor the “benefit of the doubt”— why? I’ll take B at his word, he gains nothing by distorting this circumstance.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zortron View Post
    Just-in-time gun sales... that’s extremely greasy. Sounds like B got a raw deal too, sorry to hear that.

The list of gun vendors I won’t do business with grows every day. Not sure TI is yet on that list but this thread certainly does not reflect well. As for all the people who have or will inevitably come in to give the vendor the “benefit of the doubt”— why? I’ll take B at his word, he gains nothing by distorting this circumstance.
    Normally I would agree that just-in-time gun sales would be greasy, but this is a special situation due to the impending transfer ban.

That doesn't excuse selling someone's magazines out from under them though...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Rough - this is going to come back to bite them if there's any delay on mags anywhere else along the line. Hopefully you get your stuff soon!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ipscshooters's Avatar
    Not really on the subject line of what is going on with the OP but I have seen/heard retailers yanking mags out of gun kits and only providing one mag with the firearm, when it left the factory with 3 , darn shame its like that these days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast