RPAL Renewal

rassolkovn

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,
Just a question and may be some advise form some of you.
I completed my renewal application for my RPAL, on time, it was received by the CFO early July the status is that it has been reviewed.
Now my license expires in 5 days.
I had send email, and called a couple of times but can not get a straight answer except that is with the CFO.
What should I do to get my license.

Thanks

There has been several posts on this. Usually takes about 6 months.
I did mine, and it was almost 6 months to the day. A buddy of mine was waiting so long that his visa expired and could not process the payment. He had to re apply and he just got it. 10 months after the initial application.
There is a bit of a grace period. But I don't trust them. Log onto the RCMP website and check there too.

I have always recommended to people to renew 6 months at minimum before expiry, to often I have seen people not get their renewal in time. The renewal reminder (I have never received one) is generally 3 months before expiry but I have seen renewals take upwards of a year or you make a mistake and leave something out they mail it back delaying it more (They should just call you).

Hi Guys,
I completed my renewal application for my RPAL, on time, it was received by the CFO early July the status is that it has been reviewed.
I had send email, and called a couple of times but can not get a straight answer except that is with the CFO.

Thanks

Hi Guys,
I completed my renewal application for my RPAL **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**, on time, it was received by the CFO early July the status is that it has been reviewed.
I had send email, and called a couple of times but can not get a straight answer except that is with the CFO .

Thanks

In such cases, it is necessary to visit them in person or continue to contact them until they respond.

I won’t tell you not to worry because I don’t trust them either, but I renewed my PAL 2 months before it run out, even did it all online so it was quicker, and I had no changes, they just had reissue me a dam card, I called Miramichi and they said it was in my SK CFO’s hands, couldn’t get a strait answer from that office, so was six months with out Valid PAL, Finally I received my card just last week. I tell she was a little tense for a while, I was just waiting for a knock on the door, hope it goes better for you :)

You've done your due diligence to do everything within your control to abide by their rules and standards. Any incompetence on their part is not your fault. That being said, I wouldn't do any activities that may require you to show a valid PAL.

I won’t tell you not to worry because I don’t trust them either, but I renewed my PAL 2 months before it run out, even did it all online so it was quicker, and I had no changes, they just had reissue me a dam card, I called Miramichi and they said it was in my SK CFO’s hands, couldn’t get a strait answer from that office, so was six months with out Valid PAL, Finally I received my card just last week. I tell she was a little tense for a while, I was just waiting for a knock on the door, hope it goes better for you :)

Interesting Erik. My RPAL expires at the end of August and I submitted my renewal online at the end of February. My portal just says it’s been received to I called Mirimichi today. She bounced it back that it’s at the CFOs office. I was a little peeved. I know I’ve got almost 2 months yet before I cannot take my firearms out of my home but still! It should be automatic once the paperwork is done. I’m calling the CFO tomorrow. I love how the CFO for Saskie talks so big about standing up to the Feds yet the hold up for those of us in Saskie is our own damn CFO!! Gotta love politicians.

So I called the Sask CFO office and waited for 2 rings and got an answer. The lady took my info, put me on hold for 2-3 minutes, came back on the line and said I’d have my card in about 2 weeks! So I’m happy about this but super annoyed that this is not just done as the requests come in…

So, looks like if you want action. Call your CFO offices.

Hi Guys,
I completed my renewal application for my RPAL, on time, it was received by the CFO **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum** early July the status is that it has been reviewed.

Thanks

Don't worry too much, everything will be solved if you have followed the rules. Can only wait for now.

Don't worry too much, everything will be solved if you have followed the rules. Can only wait for now.

Lol, wrong you can call your MP..could be they just need a copy of your club membership but if they don't answer when you call or email you'll never know.

Unfortunately, many government services slow to a crawl over the summer months as people take their summer vacations . The only option is to contact them weekly ; and if there is no response , give your federal MP a call ; some will help , others won't .

364 days before expiry is when I plan on renewing

Good plan! I sent my renewal request last April, pre-emptively sent my proof of club membership to the AB CFO, and my PAL license has now recently expired... I should have known with the passport debacle that renewing a PAL online would be similarly screwed up. Based on previous responses, I expected a quicker turnaround than that for online applications.

Hi Guys,
Now my license expires in 5 days with **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**

Thanks

You've already attempted to contact the CFO, but it's essential to keep trying. While it can be frustrating not to get a clear answer, be persistent. Try both phone and email communication. Explain the urgency of your situation and inquire about the status of your application.

I have a XII PAL.

I always send in the renewal 10 months early.

It will be 7 months on the 29th and no joy yet.

I call every two weeks.

We are about to go to the next step.

Roy

Back
Top Bottom