Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RPAL Renewal

You've done your due diligence to do everything within your control to abide by their rules and standards. Any incompetence on their part is not your fault. That being said, I wouldn't do any activities that may require you to show a valid PAL.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTRed View Post
    I won’t tell you not to worry because I don’t trust them either, but I renewed my PAL 2 months before it run out, even did it all online so it was quicker, and I had no changes, they just had reissue me a dam card, I called Miramichi and they said it was in my SK CFO’s hands, couldn’t get a strait answer from that office, so was six months with out Valid PAL, Finally I received my card just last week. I tell she was a little tense for a while, I was just waiting for a knock on the door, hope it goes better for you

Interesting Erik. My RPAL expires at the end of August and I submitted my renewal online at the end of February. My portal just says it’s been received to I called Mirimichi today. She bounced it back that it’s at the CFOs office. I was a little peeved. I know I’ve got almost 2 months yet before I cannot take my firearms out of my home but still! It should be automatic once the paperwork is done. I’m calling the CFO tomorrow. I love how the CFO for Saskie talks so big about standing up to the Feds yet the hold up for those of us in Saskie is our own damn CFO!! Gotta love politicians.

CGN Regular
    So I called the Sask CFO office and waited for 2 rings and got an answer. The lady took my info, put me on hold for 2-3 minutes, came back on the line and said I’d have my card in about 2 weeks! So I’m happy about this but super annoyed that this is not just done as the requests come in…

So, looks like if you want action. Call your CFO offices.

Quote Originally Posted by rassolkovn View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Just a question and may be some advise form some of you.
    I completed my renewal application for my RPAL, on time, it was received by the CFO **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum** early July the status is that it has been reviewed.
    Now my license expires in 5 days.
    I had send email, and called a couple of times but can not get a straight answer except that is with the CFO.
    What should I do to get my license.

Thanks
    Don't worry too much, everything will be solved if you have followed the rules. Can only wait for now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    364 days before expiry is when I plan on renewing

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by larryellison View Post
    Don't worry too much, everything will be solved if you have followed the rules. Can only wait for now.
    Lol, wrong you can call your MP..could be they just need a copy of your club membership but if they don't answer when you call or email you'll never know.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Midnight Rider's Avatar
    Unfortunately, many government services slow to a crawl over the summer months as people take their summer vacations . The only option is to contact them weekly ; and if there is no response , give your federal MP a call ; some will help , others won't .
    " SUPER BIKES RULE.....! " " Speed Costs....How Much Do You Want To Spend ! "

Quote Originally Posted by FatCatsDad View Post
    364 days before expiry is when I plan on renewing
    Good plan! I sent my renewal request last April, pre-emptively sent my proof of club membership to the AB CFO, and my PAL license has now recently expired... I should have known with the passport debacle that renewing a PAL online would be similarly screwed up. Based on previous responses, I expected a quicker turnaround than that for online applications.

Quote Originally Posted by rassolkovn View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Just a question and may be some advise form some of you.
    I completed my renewal application for my RPAL, on time, it was received by the CFO early July the status is that it has been reviewed.
    Now my license expires in 5 days with **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**
    I had send email, and called a couple of times but can not get a straight answer except that is with the CFO.
    What should I do to get my license.

Thanks
    You've already attempted to contact the CFO, but it's essential to keep trying. While it can be frustrating not to get a clear answer, be persistent. Try both phone and email communication. Explain the urgency of your situation and inquire about the status of your application.

I have a XII PAL.

I always send in the renewal 10 months early.

It will be 7 months on the 29th and no joy yet.

I call every two weeks.

We are about to go to the next step.

Roy
    Ralph
    Real name Roy, Ralph was my dog.
    Firearms user for 56 years. Owner for 50.
    Proud to say that I have introduced nearly that many new people to the sport. And more on the way. ​+8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12