Thread: Question on buying and bringing across provincial lines

Question on buying and bringing across provincial lines

Hi guys,

Got a question that I'm not clear on. For restricted, buying is fairly clear, need the transfer and ATT and provincial lines are not much of an issue, but say if I want to bring my handgun to another province for shooting with a friend at a range for a few days to hang out, do I need another ATT from my CFO?

Also for non restricted and ammo... if I buy them say in Alberta and drive back to BC, is there any specific problems with that?

A more weird question, if I send my gun to a gun smith for repairs/maintenance, does he need an ATT to take it to the range to test it out? I mean kinda sensible to need to test it at a range to make sure his maintenance or repairs worked, right?

Thanks in advance!

Gun smiths are registered and have special blanket ATT’s is my understanding.

With non restricted you can take them where you like if you’re following proper transportation guidelines.

If taking a restricted to another province. Someone else can chime in that knows more the I.

Special Conditions on your licence tell you where you can take your restricted.

"These licence conditions authorize the transport of restricted and/or prohibited firearms registered to the licence holder within their province of residence by a route that , in all circumstances , is reasonably direct for the specific indicated purposes."

Oh... gotcha, so non restricted is generally ok and restricted no. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by calibrecarstairs View Post
    Special Conditions on your licence tell you where you can take your restricted.

"These licence conditions authorize the transport of restricted and/or prohibited firearms registered to the licence holder within their province of residence by a route that , in all circumstances , is reasonably direct for the specific indicated purposes."
    I guess the lending of restricted is also limited to within the province?

CGN Regular
    Quite possible to take R to another Province, just need a proper Permit (Temporary ATT I believe). Competitive shooters do it quite regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by calibrecarstairs View Post
    Special Conditions on your licence tell you where you can take your restricted. basket random

So the problem lies in the province of residence/

As a lawyer, I would suggest you take all the precautionary measures. take your ATT and gun where ever you want but do follow the proper transportation and legal guidelines. I belong to the law industry and as a freelance writer, I offer help with law assignments online.