Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: BCL PX19 Foxbat 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by JayCorbett View Post
    $1200 for a glock clone pre-order that probably lacks quality control like every single canadian firearms manufacturer. And it seems like they are just pricing themselves out of the market. $1200 for a glock clone made in Canada. Seems like a bad joke at that price point.
    Glocks are currently unobtainable or selling secondhand for two or three times the normal price.
    I kinda like the look of it but won't buy because of the price (and already have several Glock clones).
    On the other hand, the price is not bad for an all-metal gun.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN Regular
    You know what’s a bad joke? $4000 Glock clones. Or $3000-$10000 Glocks… used… this is actually a steal in these depressing times

Quote Originally Posted by JayCorbett View Post
    $1200 for a glock clone pre-order that probably lacks quality control like every single canadian firearms manufacturer. And it seems like they are just pricing themselves out of the market. $1200 for a glock clone made in Canada. Seems like a bad joke at that price point.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroXpress View Post
    You know what’s a bad joke? $4000 Glock clones. Or $3000-$10000 Glocks… used… this is actually a steal in these depressing times
    Those prices you quote are just some a$$holes on ee or gpost trying to take advantage. BCL is a manufacturer. What manufacturer releases a Glock clone, unproven, un-reviewed and demands $1200? None, that's who. I expect the a$$holes on the forum to take advantage of people in these times, manufacturers should not.
    Last edited by bigmouth; 10-14-2022 at 09:24 AM.

CGN Regular
    Small quantity production. Manufacturing in Canada. Development costs. Inflation. This is a metal pistol. Even at MRSP polymer Glock clones are $1600-$2600. $1200 isn’t a terrible price all considered. I don’t think BCL is taking advantage of people. Life is just harder and more expensive these days. I also don’t think it’s fair to judge this pistol before any experience with it. God forbid a company release anything new. People shelled out almost $10k for the Alien when it first came out without batting an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmouth View Post
    Those prices you quote are just some a$$holes on ee or gpost trying to take advantage. BCL is a manufacturer. What manufacturer releases a Glock clone, unproven, un-reviewed and demands $1200? None, that's who. I expect the a$$holes on the forum to take advantage of people in these times, manufacturers should not.
    Last edited by NitroXpress; 10-14-2022 at 09:51 AM.

If I didn't buy a mr920 I would seriously consider this. If you look at all metal/aluminum frames pistols out there this price is competitive. I was considering a p320axg right around this price point.

With all the machining/EDM time cutting a frame like this would cost I don't think it's unreasonable in this environment. Probably costs $300 in time alone to cut.

The kicker is going to be the quality/reliability, if it provides SIG/Glock quality I'd say this is a decent deal.

The picture/rendering looks to be a little different from pistol in the videos. In particular the magwell, backstrap, beavertail and accessory rail look different in the product on display in the TACCOM video. Which style should we expect to be getting if we purchase? The picture/rendering looks nicer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    SKU#: PX19.

Serialized frames are to be delivered first, complete slide assembly to be delivered at a later time.

https://blackcreeklabs.com/portfolio_page/foxbat/

The PX19 Foxbat is a compact 9mm pistol based on a battle tested compact frame, but redesigned to be a reliable, no-frills sidearm for individual professionals. The frame of the PX19 is made completely from aircraft grade aluminum which offers an enhanced level of durability and can be easily deployed as a concealed carry or a duty pistol. The weight of the PX19 is just slightly higher than traditional polymer framed compact pistols making it ideal for rapid, multiple target engagements.

The trigger is striker-fed, the barrel is threaded to accept modern aftermarket accessories such as compensators and suppressors. The PX19 optic mounting system allows for the mating of the Trijicon RMR, The Leupold Deltapoint Pro, the Aimpoint ACRO and the Vortex red dot series.

FRAME
    The frame is machined from aircraft grade aluminum and reinforced with steel on slide friction points.

SLIDE
    The slide is made of steel and hardened with a proprietary nitride combination. It comes standard with optics mount and adapter plates allowing the direct installation of common pistol optics.

BARREL
    416 stainless steel, button rifled with premium coating. Threaded for accessories.

SIGHTS
    Steel night sights

Stocking Dealers:
    - Marstar Canada
    - SFRC

Quote Originally Posted by NitroXpress View Post
    Small quantity production. Manufacturing in Canada. Development costs. Inflation. This is a metal pistol. Even at MRSP polymer Glock clones are $1600-$2600. $1200 isn’t a terrible price all considered. I don’t think BCL is taking advantage of people. Life is just harder and more expensive these days. I also don’t think it’s fair to judge this pistol before any experience with it. God forbid a company release anything new. People shelled out almost $10k for the Alien when it first came out without batting an eye.
    This^^
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Yooooo hook a brotha up with a stripped frame yo

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenOmelette View Post
    Yooooo hook a brotha up with a stripped frame yo
    Me too bruh!
    @seawolfarms on Instagram

Tried to attach another photo to my other post but it wouldn't let me. Here's another angle.

Name:  2B5224D3-9597-4B38-94E2-8C4B7AF4B9BC.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  67.4 KB