Thread: How is a restricted handgun from a store shipped?

How is a restricted handgun from a store shipped?

I recently purchased a pistol from a Canadian retailer and opted for it to be shipped to me. My question is how will it be shipped since i wasnt asked to purchase a lock or case will it just come in a box or do they provide a case without a lock? First purchase so just curious what to expect. Also will i need to sign for it or they just drop off?

Usually no lock. Usually won't be trigger locked. Might have a ziptie around the hammer at most. Signature & ID required.
    Oh hello. Are you picking up your brass?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Cocked&Locked's Avatar
    No idiot trigger lock. Sometimes signature required, sometimes the gun will just appear in your mail box.
    We are annoyed by the assumption on the part of certain public figures that the citizen should be able to prove the need for the citizen to acquire a means of protecting himself. The citizens personal needs are certainly no business of the state. Liberty, when it's in place, grants the right of the citizen to do what he chooses, as long as he does not stamp on the rights of others.
    JEFF COOPER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Could be signature required, could be not. Could be trigger locked with the screw type locks, the one with 2 holes to turn. If you don't have a key pliers or similar will work.
    Congratulations on your purchase!
    If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face— forever. ” ― George Orwell, 1984
    don't forget the ammo

CGN Regular
    Some in a case trigger locked. Some in a box no trigger lock. Whatever they feel like.

i purchased from tenda alflahertys and TI , all guns arrived with no locks in their retail boxes wrapped in carton or in a simple plain carton boxes, usually by canpost and delivery card where u have to go to post office with ID and pick it up there which is imo better than porch or mailbox drop offs. buy your trigger locks in advance, https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08K1SN9VQ/ i used these , good quality and they are compact to fit all of my handguns cases.

in B.C. all mine just shipped to local post office, in factory case in cardboard box , no locks of any kind signature, I.D. required

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Although there may be others, Cabelas is the only store I know that requires you to buy a trigger lock and a highschool locker lock for a handgun purchase.

Then when it arrives you call them and they tell you the combo for the highschool lock to open the case. The trigger lock is one of those 2 hole things with the prong key.

Actually, here's what happens- you receive the case, call Cabelas for the combo and sit on hold for long enough for you to decide you have better things to do, so you grab your bolt cutters and cut the lock off and throw it away.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Thank you for the info guys its appreciated.