Thread: Product Launch - Negative Cant Plate Gen 3

Business Member Black Box Customs's Avatar

Product Launch - Negative Cant Plate Gen 3

We are proud to announce another collaboration between The Theory Police and Black Box Customs.

The third generation of the Negative Cant Plate is now available!

The focus of this latest version is to allow for the same 25° range of cant adjustment in a drastically lighter and thinner plate. This addition to your holster system is nearly invisible.

More details to follow. The NCP3 is available now!

Name:  Negative Cant Plate Version 3 - NCP3 (2).jpg
Views: 734
Size:  32.8 KBName:  Negative Cant Plate Version 3 - NCP3 (3).jpg
Views: 732
Size:  48.1 KBName:  Negative Cant Plate Version 3 - NCP3 (1).jpg
Views: 728
Size:  64.3 KBName:  Negative Cant Plate Version 3 - NCP3 (4).jpg
Views: 723
Size:  29.0 KB

Milling | Stippling | Cerakote Certified | Firearms Retail | Part Retail | Parts Manufacturing
    www.BlackBoxCustoms.com
    sales@blackboxcustoms.com
    Phone: (403) 470-8802

#8, 4420-75 Ave S.E.
    Calgary, AB
    T2C 2H8
    SHOWROOM: M-F 9-7 / SAT 10-5

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pirate604's Avatar
    Nice! Is it possible to mount this and the HAM between the QLS receiver plate and the UBL? Would there be enought clearance for the holster to lock in? I have the Gen 1 HAM and it is a bit tight. Does the new version of the HAM allow for the TQ to have more distance from the front of the holster?
    If Ye Hath Fought Like a Man, Ye Needen't Hang Like a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate604 View Post
    Nice! Is it possible to mount this and the HAM between the QLS receiver plate and the UBL? Would there be enought clearance for the holster to lock in? I have the Gen 1 HAM and it is a bit tight. Does the new version of the HAM allow for the TQ to have more distance from the front of the holster?
    What model of Safariland holster do you have and for which pistol?

Milling | Stippling | Cerakote Certified | Firearms Retail | Part Retail | Parts Manufacturing
    www.BlackBoxCustoms.com

#8, 4420-75 Ave S.E.
    Calgary, AB
    T2C 2H8

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pirate604's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Box Customs View Post
    What model of Safariland holster do you have and for which pistol?
    Haha, thats a loaded question. I have about a dozen Safariland holsters for about a dozen pistols. All ranging from 7T RDS, 6xxx, some older 5 series all on QLS forks. I have a dedicated HAM I got from you guys a while back for my work rig but I want to be able to run all my holsters with my range rig. I recall that The Thory Police mentioned there was a way to run the ham/ npc on the UBL with the QLS mount but I was never able to find any further info.
    If Ye Hath Fought Like a Man, Ye Needen't Hang Like a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate604 View Post
    Haha, thats a loaded question. I have about a dozen Safariland holsters for about a dozen pistols. All ranging from 7T RDS, 6xxx, some older 5 series all on QLS forks. I have a dedicated HAM I got from you guys a while back for my work rig but I want to be able to run all my holsters with my range rig. I recall that The Thory Police mentioned there was a way to run the ham/ npc on the UBL with the QLS mount but I was never able to find any further info.
    We do not recommend running the NCP3 on the female QLS side of the system for several reasons. The product was not designed or intended to run on that side so the spacing for the hardware and the NCP3 may be off. Also different Safariland holsters have different cants from the factory. That can lead to your setup (NCP3 on female QLS side) to have clearance issues with some holsters but not other holsters. Also using one NCP3 for many holsters will cause your holster to sit at arbitrary cants negating one of the purposes of the NCP3.

The HAM 1.1 does have more adjustment to improve compatibility with more Safariland holsters. However we still would not recommend running it on the female QLS side. Short answer is for best results run a separate holster plate for every holster.

www.BlackBoxCustoms.com

#8, 4420-75 Ave S.E.
    Calgary, AB
    T2C 2H8