Our condolences

Condolences to the Family of Mr. Saverino. He was a Kind Man. I remember way back in the early 70`s as a child going into the store with my dad. He was always nice to the kids that came in. We used to run around in the store. Icon in the industry. R.I.P.

My deepest condolences for the loss of a Toronto Sporting Goods Legen. Sam Saverino. My family has been coming to the store for 50 years.

May he rest in peace.

Sam De Masi

https://www.legacy.com/ca/obituaries/thestar/name/salvatore-saverino-obituary?pid=203005952

SALVATORE SAVERINO OBITUARY
SAVERINO, Salvatore July 8, 1938 – October 14, 2022 With sadness, we announce the passing of Salvatore (Sam) Saverino, Owner of Al Flaherty's Outdoor Store in Toronto, on October 14, 2022, at the age of 84. Beloved husband of Caterina; and devoted father to Julie (Tony Fuda), Domenic (Laura Crane) and Silvana (Sam Commisso). Proud nonno of Sarah (Anthony Vinelli), Katherine (Michael Guglietti), Vince (Emily), Michael and Christina; and great-grandfather of Sophia, Matthew, Andrew, and Thomas. A dear brother to Rosa (Frank Bruzzese, predeceased), Steve (Mary) and Arturo (Pasqualina, predeceased). He will be missed by his nieces, nephews and their families. Mr. Saverino had a lifelong passion for the outdoors, and he travelled the world to pursue his love for fishing and hunting. He arrived in Canada from Italy in the early 1950s with $50 in his pocket and the clothes on his back. He worked several jobs, including part-time work at Al Flaherty's Army Store, until he eventually purchased the business from the Flaherty's in the late 1960s. He grew the family business and expanded the building to accommodate a growing clientele. Visitation will be held at Bernardo Funeral Home (2960 Dufferin St., south of Lawrence Avenue W.), on Sunday, October 16, 2022 from 2-8 p.m., and on Monday, October 17, 2022 from 6-9 p.m. Funeral Mass will be celebrated in St. Charles Borromeo Church (811 Lawrence Ave. W., at Dufferin Street) on Tuesday, October 18, 2022 at 10 a.m. Salvatore will be laid to rest at Holy Cross Cemetery (Bayview Avenue and Langstaff Road. – south of Highway 407). In memory of Salvatore, donations may be made to Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation.

My sympathies and Condolences .

Back
Top Bottom