Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orangeville Gun Show

Business Member

Orangeville Gun Show

Hi everyone,
    InterSurplus will be present at the Orangeville Gun Show.
    Come to see us !!
    Date: Oct 23rd, 2022
    247090 Side Rd 5
    Mono, ON L0N 1A0
    Hours:
    Sunday: 8:30am - 1:00pm

https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/...QTI7fEAzYg#map
    InterSurplus Inc
    E-mail/Courriel: info@intersurplus.com
    Location/Emplacement: Ste-Clotilde-de-Horton, QC, J0A 1H0
    Web site/Site web : https://intersurplus.com/

The Orangeville gun show is disappointing. For anyone wondering. Attended in March of 2020 before everything was going down. At that time there were parts bin Mosins there electro penciled to match for 675.

Sounds like another field trip for the CFO

Hopefully its not well advertised.....

I purchased 2 guns from Intersurplus at the last Orangeville show, not the best turn out but picking up two more from Denis there Sunday. Glad they are taking the effort to travel this way.

I thought about going today the last GS I went to was in Woodstock and it was no better than a four inch group at 100 yards

I can't make it to Sunday gun shows but I'm curious if it's worth it. Are gun shows the place to find good deals on firearms? What are your experiences?
    God Keep Our Land Glorious And Free!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by sprayfoam View Post
    I can't make it to Sunday gun shows but I'm curious if it's worth it. Are gun shows the place to find good deals on firearms? What are your experiences?
    The fun thing about gun shows is that you never know what you will find. Often the guns are outrageously priced (especially from the pseudo dealers who attend a lot of shows) but occasionally you will encounter someone who is just clearing out their surplus stuff (or items from an estate) who are happy just to get rid of what they have at a fair price. Recently I've seen powder for under $40/pound which these days is a bargain.

For the typical $5-8 admission it's not a bad way to spend a couple of hours. I also usually run into friends I haven't seen for a while & it's a chance to catch up. Beats paying admission to a Ben Affleck or George Clooney piece of crap movie.

I went today, I hadn't been to one since COVID. I can't say I saw any real deals, however I didn't look at all the firearms. As a rough estimate I would say that 10-20% of the tables were empty. The part that struck me as sad as there were still a few handguns there with legacy price tags on them. Most were just there for show. The other sad thing is that the guy that sold the pepperettes wasn't there, and I ended up coming home empty handed.
    “Gun control is the only kind of policy that we have where the proponents of it will point to it's utter failure as evidence that we need even more of it!" - JNG

Quote Originally Posted by sprayfoam View Post
    I quite enjoy attending. Sometimes I leave empty handed, but it's usually a good day out of the house. You can usually mingle and have some good conversations. In the years since I have got into reloading, it's been easier for me to leave with SOMETHING. The big thing before going to gun shows is, if you are looking for something in particular, or even a category of items (let's say surplus rifles) is to be looking for the months leading up on the EE so you can get an idea of what the general prices are. Sometimes you can find good deals. Other times, it's nice to pay $50 bucks over typical asking price and be out at the range that day with your new toy
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LawrenceN's Avatar
    I've been to many local gun shows over the years, Jerseyville, Woodstock, and Orangeville. Mostly I've been there as a vendor. It's true that they've deteriorated over the last couple of years, but all of you guys, bear something in mind. If the Liberals are gone after the next election cycle (my mouth to God's ear) and the Conservatives come into power, much of the asinine anti-gun legislation is likely to be overturned. Gun shows will probably start to thrive again. If we keep supporting them during these troubled times, it may be to our benefit going forward.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast