Page 1 of 38 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: CSAAA: Handgun Transfer deadline 21 OCT 22

CSAAA: Handgun Transfer deadline 21 OCT 22

Update on Monday 24 OCT 22 evening by CSAAA

After receiving conflicting legal advice, it was mistakenly claimed that the handgun transfer freeze would begin November 9th.

As we awaited written confirmation, this document was uncovered showing that there in fact is an exemption from publication in Canada Gazette II.

The Governor General signed off on the handgun freeze coming into force October 21st 2022 and CFC and CFO’s are being instructed that the November 9th date is false.

We understand that these tweets are still being shared on social media. We have been informed by Public Safety, CFC and CFOs that they are still being instructed that October 21st is the implementation date for the handgun freeze.

Just got this from CSAAA. Pistol EE is locked up so people won't send money and create problems.

12am means midnight, I googled it.

After an emergency meeting with the Public Safety team this morning we can offer the following information regarding the handgun transfer freeze that took effect at 12:01 AM EST this morning.

Any handguns transferred before 12:01 AM EST this morning (10-21-2022) will be processed as usual with proof of purchase before the 12:01 AM cutoff.

Any transfers started AFTER will be reviewed to see if the individual (buyer) is exempt. The individual will be contacted upon review by the CFO for proof that they meet the requirements for exemption.

Handguns “pre-purchased” by individuals while the RPAL was being processed, will not be processed or “grandfathered in”.

RPAL licenses processed after the freeze will not be refunded if.

We are waiting to hear if RPAL licenses still in limbo will be eligible for cancellation/refund
    Last edited by greentips; 10-24-2022 at 09:31 PM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    Exemption is only for people with permission from RCMP for protection and those involved in Olympic level competition.

Various opinions seem to believe for some unknown reason or logic that things like IPSC etc are included.
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    1 hour 21 mins left...
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    1 hour 21 mins left...
    No, transfers being accepted until end of business today

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    Mendicino must desperately need to create a distraction from the Lucki phone call recording just released.
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    1 hour 21 mins left...
    AM not PM.

12:01am 21OCT22, means the mid night just passed, technically.

My read is that all the morning transfers will be cancelled. It is a poop show if that's the case, they should have frozen the system.

But hey,, it is the government, info passed from one to another, I could be wrong. When is the last time this government thinks before they gobble up candies like impulsive children

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

12:01 am 21 OCT 2022......that is ONE (1) minute past midnight very early this morning. It is already toooooo late. Even if you get a reference number today, it will probably be canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    12:01am 21OCT22, means the mid night just passed, technically.

But hey,, it is the government, info passed from one to another, I could be wrong.
    This means it's over. That time has passed. https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/c...ns-tmp-en.aspx

Transitional Provision
    2 Section 4.1 of the Conditions of Transferring Firearms and Other Weapons Regulations does not apply in respect of the transfer of a handgun to an individual if the transferor sought the authorization of the chief firearms officer, as defined in subsection 2(1) of the Firearms Act, to transfer the handgun under paragraph 23.2(1)(d) of that Act before the day on which these Regulations come into force.

Its over boys the final time was 12:01am this morning

Page 1 of 38 1234567891121 ... LastLast