Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hate to say I told you so....

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    Two million gun owners in a nation of 37 million, yup we're ####ed.
    Yep, and look at the final results.

Uber Super GunNutz Journeyman.ca's Avatar
    I agree, I agree and I agree. However, none of the solutions to public safety issues are a mystery. The solutions are known. The problem is that non of the prohibitions are based on fact and non of them will solve any of the issues they are levelled at. How can we protect ourselves from an opposition that is willing to lie and ignore reality. They administer based on fear, the demons and the fearful are manufactured by the opposition to fit the solutions they already have packaged and waiting. Our institutions are broken and the very fact that the ‘government’ of any democracy is referred to as ‘the leadership’ is problematic from the start. Government is there to administer, period. Adults should need nor want ‘leaders’.
    I support CGN, CSSA (Life), CCFR (Life), Canadian Retailers and Manufacturers. Advocate for your rights in Ottawa and stand against emotional legislation.

CGN Regular
    And the irony of the weak woke narrative grows stronger every day at our expense. The intentional breeding and indoctrinating of entire generations to be wholly dependent on the overlord's teat of compliance is but a well established and profitable plan.

Here's some true bull sh it that happened today in Peterborough, Ontario: Thomas A. Stewart high school. For context, the school is well known for it's heavy duty arts program.
    I have no idea of the circumstances or whether this was a planned event by insiders to justify some sort of practice run but the notice sent out from the school is located below.

A prop gun (word is it was a dollar store cap gun) and a water gun for a drama class presentation were located in a student's vehicle parked in the parking lot. It is a school that was renowned for extra woke snowflake policies even before it became a thing....scratching post set up as sensory therapy for the mentally ill kids dressed up as cats and identifying with pronouns like "furry", "kitty" "fluffball", etc..... these mentally deranged individual's will be making up positions of power eventually.

I am still amazed at how far we've departed from reason when I recall the stories my father told me of how he and friends would carry their .22 rifles to school on the bus so they could target shoot off premises at lunch hour and then hunt rabbits, grouse, etc... after departing the bus in the afternoon.

"Dear TASS Students and Families,
    We wanted to provide this short note to let you know of an incident at our school today.
    As a school we instituted a Hold and Secure when we received a report from a community member who noticed a set of guns in a car in our parking lot.
    We were notified by Peterborough Police of this report and after a quick consultation with them, we instituted a Hold and Secure for our school.
    Fortunately, upon investigation, it was determined the guns were in fact a water gun and prop gun.
    Clearly, we are pleased to share this positive outcome, and want to thank our partners at Peterborough Police Service for their very timely response to this incident.
    As always, student and staff safety remains our first priority at all times.
    Please do not hesitate to call me at the school if you have any questions."
    Last edited by saltfree; 10-21-2022 at 05:16 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    You can add to that the urban / rural split which has swung in favour of city folk.

But two million of us, or some healthy portion of that number, working in concert over whatever time is left for our guns is one of the ways that we can put up a goof fight.

Remember that the ones dictating to the Libers now like Poly is, have been grinding away for decades nothing on politicians and the general public to get their message across.

We in turn have been talking to one another, hoping for white knight politicians save us and actively cultivating an image of rough and ready he-men ready too do battle at the drop of a hat. Did wonders for our public image ...........

Ever hear of No Compromise? Threads were peppered with that rebel phrase for many years but I don't see much of that lately. It will take a true believer or a dimwit to test the Liberal resolve by not handing over their guns. Trudeau just loves to make an example of people who don't agree with him up to and including the death of his opponents. Remember the two men from AB who were beheaded so Trudeau could "make his bones" early on?
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman.ca View Post
    I agree, I agree and I agree. However, none of the solutions to public safety issues are a mystery. The solutions are known. The problem is that non of the prohibitions are based on fact and non of them will solve any of the issues they are levelled at. How can we protect ourselves from an opposition that is willing to lie and ignore reality. They administer based on fear, the demons and the fearful are manufactured by the opposition to fit the solutions they already have packaged and waiting. Our institutions are broken and the very fact that the ‘government’ of any democracy is referred to as ‘the leadership’ is problematic from the start. Government is there to administer, period. Adults should need nor want ‘leaders’.
    Did you read what I wrote seven years ago in the link provided?

It kinda hits all of the high points that you mentioned and as the title says: "constructive criticism is welcome".

Our inability to mount an effective defence is in two parts: Paralysis by analysis and over analyzing the problem definition without talking about new solutions.

We've gotten real good at complaining ............
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Umesaburo View Post
    Yep, and look at the final results.
    Rewind ~25 tears for a moment: https://www.producer.com/1998/09/ant...nt-hill-rally/

What have we done differently this time around?

Why do we expect a different result?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    Rewind ~25 tears for a moment: https://www.producer.com/1998/09/ant...nt-hill-rally/

What have we done differently this time around?

Why do we expect a different result?
    Einstein nailed it.....and the politics rely on this fact to keep the pendulum in motion.

Uber Super GunNutz Journeyman.ca's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    Did you read what I wrote seven years ago in the link provided?

It kinda hits all of the high points that you mentioned and as the title says: "constructive criticism is welcome".

Our inability to mount an effective defence is in two parts: Paralysis by analysis and over analyzing the problem definition without talking about new solutions.

We've gotten real good at complaining ............
    I did read it. I read all your posts and you’re not wrong. The only way to have a chance is with lateral thinking. I don’t think we can battle the woke agenda on a fair, level or even moral playing field and that takes some soul searching.
    I support CGN, CSSA (Life), CCFR (Life), Canadian Retailers and Manufacturers. Advocate for your rights in Ottawa and stand against emotional legislation.

Well said brother. I feel you.

Southern Ontario + some in PQ voted then in ... just saying

Idiots
    ⚔️XX⚔️