Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hate to say I told you so....

Its simple, most incoming immigrants come from places that indoctrinates totalitarian control. And once they are are here, they continue to vote that direction because that is all they know.
    If you want to predict where politics are going, look at who are all the new "Canadians".

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    Two million gun owners in a nation of 37 million, yup we're ####ed.
    A few of my neighbours know i got guns, they've seen my cases, i've talked to a few and there is lots of canadians that dont own guns thats still support us, because they might have a family member that owns them, simple as that

Wendy was on ctv news tonight spouting lies. Where are all our gun organizations? Why are we shoveling money into them?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman.ca View Post
    I did read it. I read all your posts and you’re not wrong. The only way to have a chance is with lateral thinking. I don’t think we can battle the woke agenda on a fair, level or even moral playing field and that takes some soul searching.
    Thank you for the courtesy to read and reflect!

First, we have to realize that this is an emotional argument - nothing more / nothing less. Therefore the seven elements have to be advanced based on timing and a read of the public mood.

Theoretically if we had used a combination of Outreach and Communication to change our image from "criminals-in-waiting" to "normal Canadians safely and productively contributing to society" we could push the statistical element to the fore. That gives our stats experts like Lott, Mauser and Rangebob the forum that they need for the facts to be heard. Right now everyone outside of our community is tone deaf to what is happening to us,

That careful presentation of the facts would be used to Communicate that we are subject to discrimination without justification - which is true.

This example is the logical inverse of what the Liberals are doing right now - emotion and grave dancing, fear and dread of firearms, then throw the corrupt stats at the public and pretend to act.

On another note, it's nice to see a few posts from people with a join date of 201x or 202x! The future is yours, by and large the "older generation" of gun owners blew it with the lack of lateral thinking (I love that phrase) and stupid infighting. If they were execs at Heinz Foods we'd still be fighting to get the ketchup out of the bottle the old way.
    Last edited by scout_289; 10-21-2022 at 08:00 PM.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
    Wendy was on ctv news tonight spouting lies. Where are all our gun organizations? Why are we shoveling money into them?

My guess is that instead of having a clear focus on our welfare and a plan to execute an effective push back for the good of all they are trying to figure out how to use this opportunity to salvage as much of their base by lobbying in a manner most favourable to their survival.

The rest of the gun owners be damned; it's survival of the fittest.

Remember, if we had managed to swing the gun debate in our favour the membership, fees and donations to the gun orgs would have been sharply reduced.

Short term thinking though, as the guns disappear in large lots now and in the future the gun orgs soon won't be needed at all.
    Last edited by scout_289; 10-21-2022 at 08:03 PM.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Minilic View Post
    A few of my neighbours know i got guns, they've seen my cases, i've talked to a few and there is lots of canadians that dont own guns thats still support us, because they might have a family member that owns them, simple as that
    And those people that have a neutral or slightly favourable view of gun owners should have been our target audience.

Convince those folks that we are being scarified for crass political gains and as a result are ordinary folk like them who are being discriminated against and we would have a force multiplier of allies in the general public.

In early 2015 when I was trying to align gun owners with CMHA to work on mental health issues that would benefit us and society at large, I asked the executive who I was talking to "what would CMHA think about working with gun owners and the image of CMHA?"

Without hesitation she said "if gun owners want to work with us to better society, people will just have to get used to the idea that you enjoy using politically incorrect objects".

'Nuff said?

Depending on your choice of shooting sports you learn to learn the habits of your target, select it carefully, shoot from cover, create diversions, use the right gun & ammunition, pick your time, explore your enemy's weaknesses and exploit them to your advantage, multiple well aimed shots until the target is down for keeps etc.

I know, that a mix of hunting for game, IPSC, three gun, CQC but contrast those skills with how we fight our battles with the government.

It's like we're standing in the middle of an open street in broad view, yelling to give away our position, wearing colourful street clothes and waving a muzzle loader. The same gun we've used for the last 50 years.

Hokey analogy, but you get the point.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Well, now that you mention it...

Josef Dlask,the kind fellow that started this company, did in fact defect in 1978 from the repressive regime of a communist country. Now, not surprisingly, he is mulling over moving back to that country because it's citizens have voted for freedom and have instilled into the country's constiution the right to bear arms against tyranny among other things.

Full circle.
    How nice it would be for him to return to his homeland bereft of what made him leave.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rajczak_kashka's Avatar
    Disarming civilian population and with woefully weak military.....Trudeau is laying down a welcome mat for old uncle Xi.

Had my RPAL for 8 years never purchased until the ban was first announced, went from 0 to 10 and I’m glad I did! Definitely does not feel like a democratic free country anymore, if you don’t agree with the governments views they vilify you and turn people against each other. This is not Canada! Hopefully enough people will wake up and get out and vote the next time around and change the direction we are headed in.