Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • LPVO

98 49.25%
  • Holograpic

101 50.75%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LPVO vs Holographic featuring some X95 Builds

While I don't have an x95, I have recently purchased two LPVO's for sporting rifles. I must say, after using strictly holographic's for the last 10 years... I think I am sold on LPVO's
    Id Rather Be Judged By 12 Than Carried By 6

CGN Regular
    I will take the red dot/holoraphic every single time on the X95 and if I really need to add a magnifier. The weight of the LPVO set up does not make sense to me on the X95. I'm not touching anything out to 300+ and see zero need to have a LPVO.

Also ACOG+RMR/RDS is still king on this type of build.

wrong thread!
    Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I tried a LPVO and just couldn’t get a good cheekweld even with super high rings.
    Switched to a prism scope and love it
    TDS: What brainwashed people claim when someone isn’t gullible enough to fall for their cult nonsense.

Both for different purposes but I've found LPVO to be more versatile, I use holographic when I want light and tight ... and relatively close. I found a good prism scope to be a sweet spot - if only I could find a reticle and scope quality / weight I like in prism.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytitan View Post
    I will take the red dot/holoraphic every single time on the X95 and if I really need to add a magnifier. The weight of the LPVO set up does not make sense to me on the X95. I'm not touching anything out to 300+ and see zero need to have a LPVO.

Yep, ACOG on a Unity FAST COG series mount with FAST offset optic base for the RMR. Free floating the barrel with a Manticore Arms Optimus forend makes for some fairly easy shots out to 500yds
    Yep, it's like that.....

Business Member
    Cold and unforgiving Siberian tundra fighting bears with my bare hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian-Sniper View Post
    Depends how far you plan to shoot. I have a used a 1-6 to get out to 600 yards but the weight is less than ideal. Red dots are definitely more suited for a balanced package. I hope to see a higher quality alternative to the PA micro 3x prism in the future. That sounds like the sweet spot. Also helps to go 1.92" to 2.2" optic mount height as the comb is nearly identical height with the optic rail. Helps to keep a more natural head position for shooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin9934 View Post
    2 or 3x PA prism all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinytitan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coleman1495 View Post
    I tried a LPVO and just couldn’t get a good cheekweld even with super high rings.
    Switched to a prism scope and love it
    Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    Both for different purposes but I've found LPVO to be more versatile, I use holographic when I want light and tight ... and relatively close. I found a good prism scope to be a sweet spot - if only I could find a reticle and scope quality / weight I like in prism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude in G.P. View Post
    Yep, ACOG on a Unity FAST COG series mount with FAST offset optic base for the RMR. Free floating the barrel with a Manticore Arms Optimus forend makes for some fairly easy shots out to 500yds
    Ah, I see you're men of culture as well! You have discovered the secret 3rd option!

Last edited by Yuri_Wolverine; 10-27-2022 at 10:29 AM.

Although I do not have an X95 I use a LPVO 1x6 on my SL8. On my other black rifle I use a 3x PA micro prism due to my astigmatism. Both options are great but I use each of them for different purposes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mikeyb's Avatar
    I would have to go LPVO, even with corrected astigmatism holo sights and red dots are just blurry smudges. I don't know if I'd be able to get a solid cheek weld though, it looks like it might be a bit low.
    Mikey B

Holographic, I find the X95 is not accurate enough to warrant an LPVO
    Marstar Canada
    1-888-744-0066
    sales@marstar.ca

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast