Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • LPVO

98 49.25%
  • Holograpic

101 50.75%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LPVO vs Holographic featuring some X95 Builds

I’ve tried both LPVO/red dots on my Tavors, red dot/holo ftw especially since these x95’s are meant for CQB engagements, also its easy hit torso size steel plates out to 300 no problem with the X95 with a holo/red dot. I run Aimpoint T-2 on my x95 and an Elcan Spectre on my T7. Both are excellent options IMO.

All depends on the individual's eyes, as just about everyone I know has some degree of astigmatism.
    In which case the prismatic scope or LPVO would be the best choice.

For healthy eyes, there is really not much need for magnification on the X95, which was designed more for shorter engagement anyways.

For those of us, that are capable of hitting the broad side of a barn (if we could only see it first), magnification is almost a requirement.

3x prism is the best of both worlds and it could still be used as a red dot by employing the Binden shooting concept (assuming it is capable of illumination of course)
    "Gun control" is a feel good term, which is designed to disquise the globalist disarmament efforts under the pretense of fighting crime.

EOTech & magnifier works great for me - the OEM BUIS co-witness, and the height is JUST enough for me to be able to shoot it.
    BUT, sight height is an issue - the struggle is real.
    If I'm wearing gear or a sweater/thick jacket, I need to cant the rifle about 15 or 20 degrees left to get a cheekweld and sight alignment.
    I can either run the EOTech and magnifier on a riser and lose co-witness (and have it look awkward), or run the Manticore rail and lose the BUIS.
    Not sure which route I'm taking yet.

On a related note, although you require a VERY tall mount (no drawbacks to the Manticore rail here) - an LPVO is ideal for the Tavor7. Mainly because with 7.62, there's more capability for an LPVO to take advantage of - and the trigger is noticably better (not aware of any aftermarket solutions for the 7 yet).
    With modern ballistics software and BDC reticles, it opens up a whole different level of bullpup performance.
    Last edited by TimberWolf_3063; 10-28-2022 at 08:59 AM.
    “And don't you ever stand for that sort of thing! Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back! You got the right same as anyone to live and... try to kill people.” - Capt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

CGN Regular
    Ran a Razor 1-6x ontop of a 1.98" sphur mount this year and loved it but I hardly ever used the magnification for our 3 gun matches. Just took it off and replaced it with a Mepro RDS V2 & 3x Magnifier. The weight savings are minimal but I like the setup so far. Going to run it through the winter and decide which I like best for next year's matches.

Last year I ran a Vortex Prism 3x (gen 1) and found it a very good starting point for the price. I tried the Gen 2 3x & 5x but did not like the eye relief so I sold them both.

I would really like to try an Acog/Holosun combo (RMR sunburst my astigmatism to the extreme). The holosun circle dot is prefect for those close range shots, especially as a secondary optic.

I have a X95 with a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8 in a Warne 1.9" scope mount. Fits perfectly for me.

Then I have a RDB with a Vortex Uh-1.

In real life - a red dot for plinking, and LPVO for hunting

In Operator Fantasyland - LPVO, even though this is a 3MOA rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scott_r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarstarCanada View Post
    Holographic, I find the X95 is not accurate enough to warrant an LPVO
    Oh come on, everyone's Semi auto here on CGN shoots MOA.

Holo for me as well! 3-4 MOA guns is silly to put an optic on.
    “Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” G. Michael Hopf

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude in G.P. View Post
    Yep, ACOG on a Unity FAST COG series mount with FAST offset optic base for the RMR. Free floating the barrel with a Manticore Arms Optimus forend makes for some fairly easy shots out to 500yds
    I want to test this, still need to get myself a TA110-D but, i believe the ACGOG+RMR is the ultimate set up

Started with LPVO vortex pst gen2 1-6 switched to holo uh-1 with micro 3x. Prefer the holo on the x95.
    save the LPVO for the Tavor 7

I'm replying to this so I can look back as I build mine up. I'm torn between the two options, but I'm more likely leaning to towards running a Vortex UH-1 with a 6x Magnifier

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast